Shop floor and other recommendations

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I put this in another thread but here's an example of stained concrete, its durable and hides stains very well which is nice if you have some projects... (stains left by the 63 Ferrari NOT the GT btw)

Attachments

• garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 196
  • garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 192

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I put this in another thread but here's an example of stained concrete, its durable and hides stains very well which is nice if you have some projects... (stains left by the 63 Ferrari NOT the GT btw)

Where the heck is the DOOR outta the place! I'm assuming it hasta be at the other end...or are the cars stuck in there like the boat in Agent Gibb's basement?!

What a great looking, one-of-a-kind setup! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I have a commercial grade epoxy floor in one garage that doesn't see any abuse and I couldn't be happier with it...easy to clean, doesn't shgow dust...although a bit pricey at $8/sq ft though. My "active" garage is covered with RaceDeck..it gets beat up all the time (welding splatter and parts dropping...a full Cobra differential one time) I purchased a bunch of extra tiles when I installed them 5 yrs ago so now it doesn't take more than 5 mins to replace a damaged one. But I must add, it takes a lot to damage them.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Where the heck is the DOOR outta the place! I'm assuming it hasta be at the other end...or are the cars stuck in there like the boat in Agent Gibb's basement?!

What a great looking, one-of-a-kind setup! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Lol...yea the door is basically right behind me in photo 1. Thanks for the comments!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
To follow up on (spaceracer's) comment on metalic building. I took batt insulation and then covered it with outside metal sheeting turned around backwards and attaching over insulation, it is white and looks good. It goes up to within two feet from ceiling. I have a 2500 Sq ft building that has had epoxy floors that are somewhat worn and find it is expensive to have sanded and refinished then re-epoxied. They don't look that bad afterall.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
To follow up on (spaceracer's) comment on metalic building. I took batt insulation and then covered it with outside metal sheeting turned around backwards and attaching over insulation, it is white and looks good. It goes up to within two feet from ceiling. I have a 2500 Sq ft building that has had epoxy floors that are somewhat worn and find it is expensive to have sanded and refinished then re-epoxied. They don't look that bad afterall.

Curious to see a photo of how you did the insulation

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I talked to a company that does concrete polishing. It's about $2.50 sf to diamond polish and add a stain protector. Certainly looks good - not sure how durable?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Inside wall covering

Inside wall covering in Metalic building. Used standard insulation offered in Metalic buildings--nothing unusual and insulates well for Texas heat.Wall treatment Hamon Motors 001.jpgWall treatment Hamon Motors 003.jpgWall treatment Hamon Motors 004.jpgWall treatment Hamon Motors 002.jpg Here Goes---hope it works-- I don't do well at posting pictures.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
My biggest problem would be moving all the cabinets I have in my garage. If it weren't for that, I would do my floor.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That's one sexy looking garage!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Those stained floors look great.

My garage features unpolished unstained concrete flooring.