Shipping Gt From Fla To Vegas Rally

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
thank you

HI ALL,

SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT THE TRANSPORTOR HAD A DEATH IN THE COMPANY.

THE RATE IS $3242.EACH CAR TOTAL OF SIX PER TRUCK ROUND TRIP .

I WILL NEED A FULL TRUCK OF 6 TO GET THIS PRICE AND I WILL NEED TO GET LOCTION OF ALL CAR TO BE PICKED UP IN A MIN OF 2 PER STOP ( sarasota, orlando, boca etc.)
AS OF NOW I WAS TOLD THAT WE NEED TO HAVE EVERYONE THAT IS GOING TO AGREE ON THE RETURN DATE AND TIME ( SUNDAY 9/14/08 @ NOON)
SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A LAST MINUTE PULL OUT AND NOT HAVE A FULL TRUCK AND COST THE OTHERS MORE $ WE WILL NEED TO HAVE FULL PAYMENT BUY THE END OF JULY 31 2008. ALL WILL HAVE A CONTRACT FOR THERE OWN GT AND A PAID RECEIPT FROM THE TRANSPORT COMPANY. REGARDS,AL

Al
Thank you for handling this matter..I would be one of the (Boca Area ) pickups as I live in Delray Beach (borders Boca Raton)
This question goes out to all others planning on partcipating.
My wife and I have return flights booked to leave Las Vegas at 10:50am on 9/14. This would require us to leave for airport at approx 8:45 am..Is it agreeable with others to have the transporter make an early pickup ie: 7:30am ?
If not will one of my S Fl friends mind seeing to loading my GT ?
Thanks
Stewart
Delray Beach

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Pickup for return a little before noon. Checking flights shows some leaving around 12-1p, so would have to leave a little before. Are we waiting for some kind of contract or confirmation? Any details on the transporter? enclosed? used him before?

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Florida Transport

My wife and I have return flights booked to leave Las Vegas at 10:50am on 9/14. This would require us to leave for airport at approx 8:45 am..Is it agreeable with others to have the transporter make an early pickup ie: 7:30am ?
If not will one of my S Fl friends mind seeing to loading my GT ?
Thanks
Stewart
Delray Beach
I have attempted to open communications with all involved via PMs..no responses to date.

Last edited:

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
:cheersHere is what Steve Woodrough emailed me about shipping to LV. It seems like a great price as well as assurances of getting our cars there and back in a timely manor.

I am in for one and I know of one or 2 more here in Sarasota that would go as well.

It looks like we will be needing more than one transport. Al if you are out there please let everyone know about your progress on getting transportation as well.

Chris Moody

Hi Chris:

I have negotiated a written contract with an auto transport firm for the round-trip transportation of six (6) Ford GTs from St. Petersburg/Sarasota to Las Vegas and back to Florida. The transport company is well established with nationwide experience, bonded and will use an enclosed transporter with casualty coverage of $1 Million per vehicle. Vehicle pick up can be in either St. Pete or Sarasota, or both, and will be on September 2 for delivery in Las Vegas on evening of September 9. Return pickup will be on afternoon of September 13 in Las Vegas for delivery in St Pete and Sarasota on or before September 20. I have included a liquidated damage clause of $2,000 per vehicle if the company fails to show up for the return transport to Florida.

The total round-trip cost for each vehicle is $2,750, which will be paid in three installments: (1) $250 on or before July 15; (2) $1,250 upon delivery to Las Vegas on September 9; and (3) $1,250 upon return delivery of the vehicle to St. Pete or Sarasota on or before September 20.

If interested, please call me at you convenience later today.

Best regards,

Steve

Stephens B. Woodrough
THE BANKING LAW FIRM
100 Beach Drive Suite 1801-03
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
Telephone: (727) 898-9009
Facsimile: (727) 898-9006

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Steve
Any possibility there will be space to accomodate one-two cars in the Boca area?
Thanks
Stewart

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Chris...count me in. Just one Q...who is going to be there on the 9th to receive the cars? I was planning to arrive on the 10th.

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Steve
Any possibility there will be space to accomodate one-two cars in the Boca area?
Thanks
Stewart
If so..pls count me in !

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Steve....
All I can say is WOW! That is a fantastic transportation offering to Las Vegas. The South Fla owners should jump on that one quickly. Looks like you have closely scrutinized the contract as well and dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's" very carefully.

Hope to see many Florida owners due the fruits of your efforts in Vegas this rally!

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
That does sound like a great price. I know there are atleast two of us and 2 cars here in the Orlando area that needs our cars transported. Can you ask them about the Orlando area.

Thanks

MI GT

06 679
Apr 27, 2007
FLORIDA
HI ALL,

IT LOOKS LIKE Stephens B. Woodrough HAS A BETTER DEAL THEN MY GUY SO I WOULD SAVE THE $ AND GO FOR IT.
I HAVE SHIPPED 3-4 LOADS OF FERRAIS FOR THE FERRARI CLUB OF NAPLES. ROUND TRIP 3 TIME WITH MY TRANSPORTER FROM FLA TO NC FLAWLESSLY.

I WISH I COULD GO BUT HAVE A WEDDING ON THE 13 OF SEPT. I WISH YOU A GOOD TIME

BEST REGARDS
AL :thumbsup

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Boca / Delray area

I just spoke with Steve and he arranged for the transporter to make a stop to pick me up (Delray/ Boca) at no extra charge. So far we have another 2-3 slots open . If you are on the East side and want to get on board pls let Steve know or drop me an email and I will try to help out.
This is a great deal and I want to thank Steve again for his efforts in making this happen.
:thumbsup

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Transporter to Rally III from Florida

I just spoke with Steve and he arranged for the transporter to make a stop to pick me up (Delray/ Boca) at no extra charge. So far we have another 2-3 slots open . If you are on the East side and want to get on board pls let Steve know or drop me an email and I will try to help out.
This is a great deal and I want to thank Steve again for his efforts in making this happen.
:thumbsup

We now have only 2 open slots on the transporter. You cannot find a better deal ($2,750 round trip - fully insured) for transporter service. First-come, first-served.

Steve

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
That does sound like a great price. I know there are atleast two of us and 2 cars here in the Orlando area that needs our cars transported. Can you ask them about the Orlando area.

Thanks

It is a great price, Dirk. The good news is that we still have 2 open slots on our transporter; however, the bad news (for anyone who doesn't live in or near Ft. Lauderdale, Sarasota or St. Petersburg) is that those are the only pick-up and return delivery points in our contract. Thus, if you can get down to St. Petersburg with your 2 cars from Orlando for pickup on September 2, you can join us. Call me for more details or if you have any question at (727) 898-9009.

Steve

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Any space on the transporter to the Rally still?
I live in NE Florida (Jacksonville area).

Thanks !

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Transporter to Rally III from Florida

I still have 2 uncommitted slots on the transporter; however, I have also been contacted by two GT owners who are interested, but who have not yet committed to the ride. Both slots will go to owners who are first to make commitment by sending a deposit.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Is there still room?
I am in coral Springs (between fort lauderdale and delray)

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Is there still room?
I am in coral Springs (between fort lauderdale and delray)
If you decide to come along..I will drive you home from Delray after pickup if that helps..
Stewart

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Just saw this thread and couldn't resist. Has anyone considered actually DRIVING to the event? The open road....the GT experience? Just a thought, I'll be quiet now... ;)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just saw this thread and couldn't resist. Has anyone considered actually DRIVING to the event? The open road....the GT experience? Just a thought, I'll be quiet now... ;)

Well, I am going from Fresno to Scottsdale and into Vegas, suppose I could swing by, meet you, Chris and Steve and we could rip some road together?:thumbsup

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Now you're talking......let's put some miles on these babies!!! I don't see my car ever being in a museum....just rode hard, put away wet !!