Shelby Super Snake Waiting List

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I just now called Shelby and entered my name on the waiting list. The rep said that the list is not very long at this time. If they are going to build fewer than the KRs this should be the car to get. You have to furnish your car for the conversion so any forum members that have one are ready to go. The number I called is 702-942-7325.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Thanks for the "heads-up". I'm on-the-list.

Rob

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If you assume that they make 750-800 of these a position on the waiting list alone would hold some value.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
If you assume that they make 750-800 of these a position on the waiting list alone would hold some value.

At least that's what we've told each other!

Rob

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
A friend of mine is selling his GT500 vert that is one week old with 300 miles on it for $59,000. Too soon for me to pick up. PM me for contact info.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
A friend of mine is selling his GT500 vert that is one week old with 300 miles on it for $59,000. Too soon for me to pick up. PM me for contact info.

Can a vert be converted into a Super Snake?

Rob

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Can a vert be converted into a Super Snake?

Rob

As far as I know it is the same plan as the KR. They can do either. The super snake is supposed to be made in fewer numbers that the KR with more power.

drof gt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 10, 2006
Los Angeles
:confused Did the rep ask for more then you name, phone number and email? I asked if there was anything else I needed to do and she said no. So, I don't really feel like I'm on the list.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
:confused Did the rep ask for more then you name, phone number and email? I asked if there was anything else I needed to do and she said no. So, I don't really feel like I'm on the list.

I had to complete a three page form, sign it and get it notarized.

OK, so that's not true…. that’s all the information they took from me as well. It didn’t make me feel too “special”.

Rob

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I am getting my name on the list today. I have lots of experience with Shelby with two projects in the works now. I have come to learn that they are quite loose when it comes to details, a paper trail, or project time-lines. I have learned that you must keep checking in with them about every two weeks.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I am getting my name on the list today. I have lots of experience with Shelby with two projects in the works now. I have come to learn that they are quite loose when it comes to details, a paper trail, or project time-lines. I have learned that you must keep checking in with them about every two weeks.

Very true Tim.

I also called and it seemed very loose...Name and phone number. that's it? I then said, oh by the way..I'm also a personal friend of Carrol Shelby, can you put that next to my name? she said ok....now I really wonder...

Gino

P.S. Tim you making it to Indy?

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Just got my name on the list too. She said 2-3 weeks before any real numbers of production or cost were disclosed.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Very true Tim.

I also called and it seemed very loose...Name and phone number. that's it? I then said, oh by the way..I'm also a personal friend of Carrol Shelby, can you put that next to my name? she said ok....now I really wonder...

Gino

No kidding!!! They remind me of my time l spent in South America, a minute = one day, one day = one week, one week = never.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Very true Tim.

Hey Gino,

My son pointed out that I missed your "post-script" question, about Indy. Yes, indeed, my wife, son and I will be there from Thursday through Monday. My friend Jerry and his son Chris are driving their GT's in formation with us. We are taking the '06 Heritage and the Saleen S281 Extreme Gulf livery car as the "suit-case carrier chase car." See you there!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Has anyone heard about any answers on the waiting list? It has been about two weeks.

ColdwaterHotrod

Jun 5, 2007
Michigan USA
Official Super Snake Pricing as of June 4th, 2007

Hi everyone, I'm ColdwaterHotrod & I found your site thanks to timcantwell when I met him in INDY when you all got together with your cars. I just heard from Amy Boylan today & the price for the Super Snake package is $27,995. They have not set a limit number on how many folks are allowed to get their cars converted. She says it should be low based on that price but could go as high as 1000 units. They are first going to call all the folks on the 40th Anniversary list to see if they want that or the SS or both before they call folks on the SS list.

Here is a copy of what she told us on another forum board today where she has here own Q & A thread for SAI & the Super Snake

Guys,

I appreciate all the comments, so let me set somethings straight.

The price is $27,995. I had said a while ago that this would be expensive, because of all the parts and because of all the tooling.This is a reference for the high end 4.6 550 hp car. I agree this is an expensive package, but we did what we could do, without hurting the integrity of a limited package, and its a 5.4 with over 700HP.

If you look at the sum of everything in the kit, it is certainly more then the top of the line packages being offered for the 4.6 mustangs that are not Shelby's

Examples:
SALEEN S281 EXTREME COUPE BASE PRICE:$ 70,391
SALEEN S281 EXTREME CONVERTIBLE BASE PRICE: $75,600
Roush stage 3 Blackjack edition 430 hp CORE COMPONENTS - $28,782 + S&H above the car price
Roush stage 3 Mustang with 425 Hp CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H above the car price

GT500 Super Snake package components

Exterior
Shelby Super Snake Hood (fiberglass)
Carbon fiber front fascia splitter
Carbon fiber mirror covers
Carbon fiber rocker panels
SHELBY deck lid letter kit
Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders
Sequential tail lights
Super Snake striping
Front brake duct kit
Rear brake duct kit

Interior
CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque
CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment
Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number
Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)
Shelby floor mats,
Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle
Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)
Aluminum Shelby map light accent
Satin door lock knobs

Performance
Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600-725+
3:73 Gear
Cold Air intake & tune
Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper front brake system
Shelby short throw shifter
Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension
Shelby/Eibach sway bars
Borla cat-back exhaust system

Tires and Wheels
20" Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)
Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear

I think there's more, I will double check the list. We know this is expensive, we know it will be limited, we put together the best package we could for the top of the line Shelby GT500.

Amy B.

Hope this helps

CWHR

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I received a call today from John at Shelby. They are taking deposits for the SS. No date on when they're taking the cars in. I would assume it should be soon.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Are they converting just KR's or are they converting GT500's or both?.

I guess I need to get educated on the process here.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Are they converting just KR's or are they converting GT500's or both?.

I guess I need to get educated on the process here.

This is an upgrade for the GT500. It makes it more valuable than a KR for less money.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI