Shelby Hertz Available

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Refer to posts above. The Dealership is Gulf coast
Ford-Nissan in Angleton, Texas south of Houston and he has been advertising 8 in stock for sale. He has been asking $60,000 for them retail. Ford and Shelby only built 500 of them and they are taking them out of service. Are they worth that kind of money? Not to me and I'm a dealer. Tomy Hamon

The GT-H is really a GT Mustang with a few mod's from Shelby. The only thing that is holding up their value, would be, the numbered sequence of 499 offered to the public.(No.1 was sold for the Shelby Foundation) Having an original 66 H (19,000 mile survivor,and a NYC rental) I would love to complement a 2006 GT-H next to the 66, but....I am pondering ,while these cars were roughly 37K when new, How much can Ford/Hertz expect for these cars. Also considering that with the name "Shelby" which has been flooding the market in many variations, I personally think they are not going to sell at 60K....I would seriously think about one at 45K...and I believe the numbers are coming down......time will tell......If any of you dealers out there wanna make a quick sale PM me , the check is ready.......:bs .

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
The GT-H is really a GT Mustang with a few mod's from Shelby. The only thing that is holding up their value, would be, the numbered sequence of 499 offered to the public.(No.1 was sold for the Shelby Foundation) Having an original 66 H (19,000 mile survivor,and a NYC rental) I would love to complement a 2006 GT-H next to the 66, but....I am pondering ,while these cars were roughly 37K when new, How much can Ford/Hertz expect for these cars. Also considering that with the name "Shelby" which has been flooding the market in many variations, I personally think they are not going to sell at 60K....I would seriously think about one at 45K...and I believe the numbers are coming down......time will tell......If any of you dealers out there wanna make a quick sale PM me , the check is ready.......:bs .

I would have to agree with you regarding the price. I know what my local dealer paid and it was considerably higher than 45k. I did drive the car today and really liked the power, ride, handling & sound. I would really like to have one but the cost is the factor.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hertz GT's

The last Hertz cars sold at Auction sold Wholesale for 52,000-58,000 last week therefore dealer purchasors would have a hard time retailing for 42-45,000. They should come down but reasonably down----who knows. There not worth it to me! TH

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If it F, F, or F, rent it.

The last Hertz cars sold at Auction sold Wholesale for 52,000-58,000 last week TH

It appears that the market place has spoken. Perhaps many or most of these 500 cars will find their way into private collections. It will be interesting to see what they are bringing when one comes on the market 2+ years from now. If Shelby sells 500 a year to Hertz I think the price will fall. I have not heard of any more GT-H's being built however. If these 500 are the last Hertz cars, I don't think they'll get much cheaper.

Chip

gamera11

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
Kansas City MO
More Hertz cars

I heard through the SAAC grapevine that Shelby will sell Hertz more cars .I don't know how many but this time but I think they are all supposed to be converts. I was at a Hertz counter over the weekend and the lady at the counter brought it up on her own that the next ones were going to be all convertibles once I started a conversation about how fast they rented the Shelby fastbacks.I was a little surprised she already had the info. I guess they have known about it for a while.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GT-H Convertables

I heard through the SAAC grapevine that Shelby will sell Hertz more cars .I don't know how many but this time but I think they are all supposed to be converts. I was at a Hertz counter over the weekend and the lady at the counter brought it up on her own that the next ones were going to be all convertibles once I started a conversation about how fast they rented the Shelby fastbacks.I was a little surprised she already had the info. I guess they have known about it for a while.

Last Friday my son Charley and I were given a private tour of the Shelby facilities in Las Vegas by John Walker. He told us that a public announcement would be made the next day that 500 more GT-H's would be made for Hertz, all convertibles. I have two brochures with photos of the Hertz convertibles. There you have it.

Chip