Shelby GT

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Well we recieved our first Shelby Gt and I wanted to relay some highlights of the car.

First it appears to be lowered compared to the Gt500. The looks are agressive with a hood scoop with polished rivets around it. Nice dash Shelby emblem. Strut tower brace and polished air intake.

The sweetest thing IMO is the Hurst shifter and linkage. It clicks through gears like no mustang I have shifted. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Pictures please!!!!!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well we recieved our first Shelby Gt and I wanted to relay some highlights of the car.

First it appears to be lowered compared to the Gt500. The looks are agressive with a hood scoop with polished rivets around it. Nice dash Shelby emblem. Strut tower brace and polished air intake.

The sweetest thing IMO is the Hurst shifter and linkage. It clicks through gears like no mustang I have shifted. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Nice, I'm glad to hear the the Shelby is a different beast.

I am a little confused tho. I'm not a Ford dealer so I don't know the vehicles as well as you but I thought the GT500 was the Shelby (being the only Mustang witha big block). The regular Mustang was just called a Mustang GT. Is there a standard edition GT500 and a Shelby Edition?

Always something new to learn.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yes, there is a Mustang known as the "Shelby GT" which is a new product, somewhat similar to the Hertz Shelby, but it also comes in manual, and unlike the Shelby GT500, it is naturally aspirated, with a lower HP rating.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yes, there is a Mustang known as the "Shelby GT" which is a new product, somewhat similar to the Hertz Shelby, but it also comes in manual, and unlike the Shelby GT500, it is naturally aspirated, with a lower HP rating.

Is that the GT350 or that another model?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There's a nice informative thread in the Shelby GT500 section, where member ChipBeck describes his purchase of the Shelby GT.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Excerpts from an article by Karl Brauer, Inside Line, for educational purposes only:

If there's one thing Ford has learned in recent months, it's the magic that comes with combining the words "Mustang" and "Shelby." ...Following closely (some might say too closely) on the heels of the Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, this latest hot-rod pony is simply dubbed "Shelby GT" and is, for the most part, a retail version of the GT-H rental car offered through select Hertz agencies.

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I am reading it now!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Anyone know if Ford will make the GT500KR this coming year?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone know if Ford will make the GT500KR this coming year?

I think as a 2008. My name is #1 on the list with my dealer.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just got it home.

Is that the GT350 or that another model?

Not GT350, just "Shelby GT". I drove mine home from California yesterday. The GT500 is built on the Ford assembly line like 68 to 70 Shelby Mustangs were. The Shelby GT is converted from specially built Mustang GT's at Shelby's facilities like the 65 to 67 Shelby Mustangs were. Here's a picture.

Chip

Attachments

• CSM.jpg
    CSM.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 212

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Did you make it between the rain?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Additional Models--Mustangs

A (very reliable):wink unnamed source has told me that Ford will be teaming up with Carroll Shelby to do a new mustang each year in order to keep the mustang fresh and desirable. Keep tuned:banana TGH

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No.

Did you make it between the rain?

I got stuck in heavy rain near the AZ/CA border. SO....I spent a couple hours today cleaning up the mess. Here it is tucked into it's new home. It's a blast to drive, very comfortable, great sound. I'll post a few other pics in the GT500 section.

Chip

Attachments

• Shelby Duo.jpg
    Shelby Duo.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 200

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Looks wonderful Chip! Congrats!! :cheers

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Chip,

Most excellent machine, right in front of the Shelby American offices at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Did Gary take care of you?
:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Can the Shelby GT's be purchased for close to MSRP? Or is the pricing and demand similarly crazed like the Shelby GT500's?

PNicholson

Shelby GT close to MSRP - Nope

Can the Shelby GT's be purchased for close to MSRP? Or is the pricing and demand similarly crazed like the Shelby GT500's?

Hey there,

Well, at least here in So Cal the Shelby GTs cant be bought for even close to MSRP. The one that we did receive sold for somewhere around $14K above window sticker. SUPPOSED to get one more - will probably be similar.

Page

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Here on the East (right) Coast, we are offering the Shelby at $10k over MSRP. That makes it about $50,000.

The GT500s that we sold were rolling out of here at about $20k over. Close to $70,000.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I have a black Shelby GT that will be here any day. If a Ford GT owner is interested I'll let go for $5000 over MSRP. I'm in MO. and a Ford Dealer. If interested I can be reached at (816) 630-1700. Ask for Mike Anderson