ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I have inquired and Shadowman has agreed to assist owners in getting their new Billet Clamshell Vents powder coated to match their cars. The plan would be to have the Billet Vents shipped directly to Bill's facility where the powder coating would take place and then the vents would be shipped out to their respective owners. Powder coating is the way to go here as it is tough to get paint to stick to aluminum. If you wanted your vents clear coated to maintain their billet aluminum appearance minus the inevitable corrosion that would occur if they are left uncoated, perhaps Bill could take care of that as well. It would obviously be much easier for Shadowman to powder coat 20 or 30 sets of these vents black (or white or ?) at one time than it would be for 30 owners to try and find someone in their local area to have this done individually. Most importantly, Shadowman's work is uniformly excellent.

If you are interested in this service would you please post up here so we have some idea of the numbers involved. Thanks.

Chip

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Almost forgot.

I'll go first. I want my set powder coated black.

Chip

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
If the original black finish could be duplicated, I would be interested in a price quote.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Shadowman,

Can they be color matched to the blue stripes on my white GT? If so, how much to have the powder coating done?

Richard Hille
The GT School

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
White please

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I guess if it is possible to match midnight blue metallic, then ok. What problems is it painting aluminum? I certainly have never had a problem. Powdercoating is certainly more durable though.

John

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Silver possible?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
No problems to paint aluminum, after all most of our car is just that. :thumbsup
I spent many years as an aircraft structural tech and hand fabbed parts to fit airliners. Acid etch, Alodine, prime, paint - good to 35,000 feet and 550 MPH. :biggrin

:cheers
Trent

I guess if it is possible to match midnight blue metallic, then ok. What problems is it painting aluminum? I certainly have never had a problem. Powdercoating is certainly more durable though.

John

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I purchased a set on paypal today. Would like them shipped directly to Shadowman's facility and painted correct black.
Thanks Guys !

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I just bought mine today as well. Please just send mine to Shadowman! Black please. You rock Shadowman!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I will elect to have mine sent directly to Shadowman if this option is available. Please let me know what I need to do on my end.

**Is it safe to assume that this note will go to petunia before shipment begins?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Please send mine to Shadowman also. Bill, 1 Silver & 1 White PLEASE! :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Easy does it.

No problems to paint aluminum........Acid etch, Alodine, prime, paint.......
Trent

Trent,

Everything is easy when you know what you're doing. :lol Let me put it this way, every time "I" have ever tried to paint something aluminum, the paint fell off. Then again, I don't know how to powdercoat either. But I do know 2 things, 1. How to use a credit card and 2. If Shadowman powdercoats these vents they'll look bitchin' and the finish will last forever. As regards this project, I don't need to know any more than that. :biggrin

Chip

VIN1591

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2005
Easton, MA
I'd love to get a pair of WHITE vents. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

Brian

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
I would be in for a white pair.

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Please send the two pair I purchased yesterday to Shadowman. One pair white(White stripes on blue car) and the other black. You guys Rock!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I purchased a set Saturday and would like them painted white. Don Beach
Seminole Florida.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You guys should definitely make sure your request gets forwarded to pe2unia. I'd also like to note that it would probably look pretty cool powder coated black on virtually any color.

Raddox

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 24, 2006
Fair Oaks, CA
If it's not too late, I'd like my set sent to Shadowman as well for white powdercoating.
Thanks............Bill

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You guys should definitely make sure your request gets forwarded to pe2unia. I'd also like to note that it would probably look pretty cool powder coated black on virtually any color.

Yes PLEEAAAASSSEEEE PM me with your name that is on the pay-pal slip and the color and I will send them out to Shadowman next week with your return documentation included.:thumbsup