Shadowman and his "Hot Buttons"

Aug 25, 2006
Well here we go with another “Hot” = “Cool” idea.

For as long as I can remember folks have been having the buttons in their Sparco seats painted silver to make the interior even more retro looking not to mention the fact that the contrasting silver buttons IMO brings the interior to life.

I was informed sometime back that something exciting was coming to term and then within days I received many pictures of the pro-types as they were making their way through the typical R&D process. Even in the early stages I liked what I saw and then when the process finally came to term and I had the real deal in my hands I was impressed.

The following are a few pictures of my gal having the spun aluminum and then anodized buttons popped into place. Now before I address a few concerns that will likely be presented let me share that the time required to install the buttons is little more than 10 minutes per seat and requires no measurable effort, tools, or adhesives.

Initially I shared several concerns;

1. How would they be retained in position?
2. Would they get hot aka the term that was created “Hot Buttons”
3. How would they wear over time?
4. Could they be removed if one elects to return the gal back to the OEM black buttons or to repair a damaged one?

The original design required that they be bonded into place however over time the contours were changed and a rolled lip was incorporated until finally they simply press in and become locked into position without any adhesives.

As for whether they will collect heat while the gal sits in the sun during a hot summer day; IMO no as I have placed them in this environment and I can sense no greater heat at them when compared to the rest of the seat. I feel that this is because of how thin they are and because they are wrapped around the OEM plastic button as such as heat is drawn away from them; a built in heat sink of sorts.

Because the finish is anodized there is no doubt that they could be scratched if a sharp or ? object was to rub against them however this IMO is remote and then add to this they reside slightly below the actual leather seating surface as do the OEM plastic buttons which is one of the reason that the painted buttons have weathered the test of time.

Now can they be removed without secondary damage; absolutely however it takes a bit of effort which is a by-product of the fact that they are secured based on a close tolerance fit.

The only thing that I can think of that would further compliment these “Hot Buttons” would be matching top stitching around the perimeter of the seats.

I received the pieces to evaluate last week and understand that since that time at least 4 sets have been installed in other gals; in fact I received a phone call from one of the gal's owner a couple days ago sharing how excited he was and wondered what I thought about them. I shared with him as I feel; they are truly very cool.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC09737.JPG
    DSC09737.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,942
  • DSC09738.JPG
    DSC09738.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,940
  • DSC09750.JPG
    DSC09750.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,944
  • DSC09746.JPG
    DSC09746.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,927
Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Been wantin' em since day one. Schweeeeeeeet!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That is an elegant solution. :bow

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Very nice. I think they will be hotter in two ways. Definitely in the looks dept. and if you park in the hot sun. I think the 1st hot overrides the 2nd hot.:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Deadeye, what's the magnifying glass for? Need to heat them up a little for install?

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
alright so where do I send the money?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Look great and as usual I gotta have them. Please let me know how much and where to send the Money. Tomy PS Will anyone ever have a pure stock GT? Who cares with all these updates! Tomy

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
SWEET!!

They look good in your car Shadowman and I'll bet they will blend perfectly in any Blk - or Blk/ Silver car.

Red, I just don't know as I think they will clash with red bottle holders.....:rofl

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
count me in, those are awesome, email payment details, thanks

Mg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool Bill !! Any Plans for some colored ones...??

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Hot Butons

I'd like enough for two seats. PM with ordering info.

Thanks!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I definatly want a set for both seats. How can I order? Ready to buy TODAY!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I'd like enough for two seats. PM with ordering info.

Thanks!
Me too! Thanks Bill
:cheers

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
Like Shelby said, ready to buy TODAY!!!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Me too! Thanks Bill
:cheers

Me Too:biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the kind words and all of the personal PM’s and emails; I could not agree more; they are truly a very nice touch.

I have been in contact today with the folks responsible for creating these pieces and now that they have gone through the testing and received my sign off/approval on the project they will be made ready to ship immediately. I am told that all orders will ship within a week with the initial half a dozen sets able to ship as early as Tuesday.

Now as for alternate colors; initially all of the “Hot Buttons” will be anodized silver however if alternate colors are desired they will be made available on a special order basis only at an increased price.

FYI: my personal position with this project remains as an unpaid consultant and I do this because I enjoy these gals and the folks that own them. I will gladly answer any and all questions and make myself available to all that find they need assistance.

These “Hot Buttons” are not only very cool but also a personal touch item that anyone can easily integrate into their gal.

Once I confirm that the link to purchase them is ready I will post it.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I want them! :wink

put me down for a set

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Woo hoo !

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sent a blank check

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sent a blank check

Send me the blank check and I will be sure to get you as set ASAP once the check clears the bank!

:thumbsup