Shadowman and his gal's bra

Aug 25, 2006
Well some of you are aware that many months ago I purchased a Speed Lingerie bra for my gal. Initially it was purchased as a stop gap measure because for the last many years I have had clear bra installed on all of my gals. Now having shared this I finally got around to installing it last night; it was time to clear the shelves of bit and pieces that I intended on using one day.

Now let me share that many years ago I used fabric bras on my gals and over time they fell out of flavor so my expectations were modest at best.

The installation was straightforward however because the bra had never been installed the process was at times arduous as I pulled and stretched everything into place for the first time. Once it was installed I was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit and that even the silver strip aligned just fine. Certainly there are always nits nevertheless as I shared with Bony earlier today; I would give the system a very sincere thumbs up.

Once I installed the bra I then proceeded to install the optional mirror covers; now these took even more work initially and in fact I questioned the results once completed however after remaining in place for the evening and then readjusting them today I would say that they too look fine and will afford significant protection. The only items that I have not installed are the mirror stem wraps as I simply can not figure out how to get them into place where I am happy. Bony is going to send some pictures of his once they return from playing at Indy.

My only other comments as shared by others to me after installing it is that after remaining in place for a few days the ability to remove and reinstall it becomes very easy. Steve shared that now that his has been on and off the process is painless.

All in all I like the system and know that the peace of mind afforded will be high. Now will I continue to use it or have the gal wrapped in plastic; my gut tells me that I will likely continue to use this system because I enjoy seeing the extremely clear paint versus the modicum of distortion presented once clear bra is installed. The only additional areas that I would typically have had covered when having clear bra installed are the exposed portions of the fenders and the hood which on this gal is a low risk area for flying rocks however I will remain aware of flippen bird dropping and such.

Lastly; I also installed a pair of the Ford Racing seat covers that had been on the shelf for many months too. I like them; they are heavy canvass material and install very easy. They are not as tight on the low cushion as maybe they could have been nevertheless they look nice and as with the bra will afford me peace of mind. Often times when I am able to go play it is after a full day in my facility as such the seat covers will insure that no trace evidence of the work I was doing is transferred into my gal.

In closing the last dusty box which I opened has the windshield skin within so it would appear that I have at least one more project ahead of me. I just need to become comfortable with the process, soap percentage, yadayadayada before I tackle it.

Here are a few pictures of my gal’s nose wrapped and she continues to ask me to take her out and play.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC02840.JPG
    DSC02840.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC02841.JPG
    DSC02841.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC02842.JPG
    DSC02842.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Shadowman, sometimes gals look great with bras, but when I am close to my gal I prefer braless. If she gets a nick or too, it's nothing that cannot be fixed with a good hand polishing.

Looks that the perfect protection if tracking the car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ya know, Bill - too much ambition just ain't good fer yuh...:frown
( I get tired just READING about all the stuff you do.)

Plodding Pockets

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman, sometimes gals look great with bras, but when I am close to my gal I prefer braless. If she gets a nick or too, it's nothing that cannot be fixed with a good hand polishing.

Looks that the perfect protection if tracking the car.

Your thoughts and comments are well received and have been expressed to me by many of my associates as well.

I too agree that bras of any time will forever remain a subjective issue.

One such example of me learning to relax a bit is the fact that the entire front of her is not covered in plastic. Who knows; ultimately I may let her hang out completely. Some call a rock chip here and there "witness marks" proof of life so to speak and yet others refer to them as patina and then there are those that even finding the smallest of flaws is emotionally devastating; I waiver somewhere in the middle.

For now I share the product, the installation process, how I feel about the results and now I need to go get to know her a bit. We have worked hard all winter together and now it is time to rack up some miles.

Thank you again for your comments

Shadowman

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Bill - I know how ya feel. I to have wrapped my Blk/ Slvr with the SL Bra, Ford Seat Covers and Pro Line windshield.

But you have the whipple and also the doors/ wings for now :biggrin

Last protection I just picked up was the Stillen wheel guards. The back ones are simple but the front guards have to be cut or "knotched "around the side skirts. I'm saving this project for a rainy weekend as it is just to beautfil now to not take my gal for a drive! :cheers

Keep it coming my friend...... :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Na, Na, Na, Na, Na from Indy!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The bra is like the color Shadowman -- when it comes to the GT is seems there's just no way to make her look bad. I'm not a fan of bras (throw obvious joke in here), but the installation looks very clean and I'm surprised how much I like the final product in your photos.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Mine already has a few minor chips after 8700 bra-less miles, so it's too late for me. Had I seen these pictures right after purchase I might have gone with one of these. But I definitely lean more toward the "patina" versus "devasted" side of the spectrum when it comes to vehicle flaws from use, so no biggie either way. They are meant to be driven.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bill! Great posts as always. PLEASE CONTACT BRIAN- STORMCAT on the window film install, mine went poorly. Had my installer been in contact prior to the install, it would have been ok.... Lots of posts on this subject as well.
Cheers from Indy.
Bony

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Bill - I took your advise and bought a Speed Lingerie mask as well.

I too am extremely pleased with the SL mask (I can't bear to use the B word) and mirror masks. It's prudent to install the mask with temp of at least 70 (80+ for the initial installation) - I did mine at 55 and man alive was it tough. It's a great product that fits very well with only a couple small wrinkles adjacent to the side marker lights (the wrinkle below and behind the fog lights isn't noticeable when viewing from a normal angle). Outstanding protection for the f/e, headlights, fog lights, etc. I also use the mirror covers and like them very much as well. Great investment that IMO will pay for itself many times over.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Bill - I took your advise and bought a Speed Lingerie mask as well.

I too am extremely pleased with the SL mask (I can't bear to use the B word) and mirror masks. It's prudent to install the mask with temp of at least 70 (80+ for the initial installation) - I did mine at 55 and man alive was it tough. It's a great product that fits very well with only a couple small wrinkles adjacent to the side marker lights (the wrinkle below and behind the fog lights isn't noticeable when viewing from a normal angle). Outstanding protection for the f/e, headlights, fog lights, etc. I also use the mirror covers and like them very much as well. Great investment that IMO will pay for itself many times over.

Your gal looks very happy as I am that you like the "B" mask

All the best

Shadowman

DALLAS

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2006
Shadowman

I am the current owner of a 05GT/BLUwthWhit stripe...Looking for mor info on the SL Bra and the FORD seat covers...Would u please help?
Thanks
DALLAS
PS Did u ever consider any of the 3M/or other products?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Shadowman

I am the current owner of a 05GT/BLUwthWhit stripe...Looking for mor info on the SL Bra and the FORD seat covers...Would u please help?
Thanks
DALLAS

Dallas, Speed Lingerie can be found at http://www.speedlingerie.com/

talk to Rich - good guy. Don't forget the mirror covers and if the covers are marked Dodge GTS just try them first.

The ford GT seat covers are Ford Racing part number M-6360004-GT. If you type that part number in Google - you'll find many shops that have them. Suggest you call the shops before placing your order as many order from Ford Racing under discount and drop ship to you. If Ford Racing is out - then you'll have to play the credit card game...

Enjoy!

DALLAS

GT Owner
Jan 28, 2006
MAD IN NC

Thanks for the information....DALLAS

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks good shadowman, only experience I have had on a car, was that there were rubb marks on the sides of the fender and side panels where the bra closes over the corner. Must occur when the car flexes and extends on regular driving. You may want to lift it up every once in a while to make sure there is no rubbing of the paint.

Aug 25, 2006
Looks good shadowman, only experience I have had on a car, was that there were rubb marks on the sides of the fender and side panels where the bra closes over the corner. Must occur when the car flexes and extends on regular driving. You may want to lift it up every once in a while to make sure there is no rubbing of the paint.

Thank you; your comments are well received and similar to received from another. He shared that he places a small strip of painters blude tape under that area to take care of this potential concern.

Takes care

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman

Thanks
DALLAS

I see where your questions were "hopefully" all answered. Please let me know if you have others as well.

The two products are very nice

BTW; yes as shared I have used clear bra for many years. 3M was not one of my favorites however there are some that I feel are nearly optically clear and remain stable over a long period of time.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

KRAZYPSI

Permanent Vacation
Jan 13, 2007
I see where your questions were "hopefully" all answered. Please let me know if you have others as well.

The two products are very nice

BTW; yes as shared I have used clear bra for many years. 3M was not one of my favorites however there are some that I feel are nearly optically clear and remain stable over a long period of time.

Takes care

Shadowman

Mr. Bill, it's evident from the pics "your" bra fits like a glove! :biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
Mr. Bill, it's evident from the pics "your" bra fits like a glove! :biggrin

Knowing full well that I know who this is and that I must discern the sarcasm strategically placed “LOL” in-between each word I respond with the following;

There is no doubt that the nose of your gal is slick and smooth akin to having been wrapped with a “Trojan” allowing her to be completely seen by all whereas my gal wears a tight outer garment with the push-me-up and contour features that most will never get through and yet always wish they could.

BTW; don't post so much as you will wear out your keyboard.

All the best

Shadowman

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
Shadowman, sounds like you have experience w/ all types of bras. Maybe I'm looking for best of both worlds as I'm planning to clear wrap the nose-Llumar-for around town-short trip stuff and also buy the SL bra for longer high speed interstate trips. Does your experience suggest any potential down side to this double protection system?

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman, sounds like you have experience w/ all types of bras. Maybe I'm looking for best of both worlds as I'm planning to clear wrap the nose-Llumar-for around town-short trip stuff and also buy the SL bra for longer high speed interstate trips. Does your experience suggest any potential down side to this double protection system?

No mechanical downside only the associated cost for two systems.

Having stated this the clear bra serves many purposed IMO, minor rock impact, bugs, fall out such as bird dropping on the covered upper panels and the fact that at any given moment she is ready to be exercised. Add to this with the Venture and Maddico films (not 3M) they can be polished and waxed as with the remaining surfaces.

The SL bra offers a much higher level of stone impact protection on the nose of the gal however this comes with a bit more work. You must take it on and off periodically to keep everything clean and also during the process of washing the gal. It should not be used IMO in the rain or at the very least not left on to dry and it does not (by design) cover much of the gal’s upper surfaces whereas with plastic you can cover the entire gal.

So to answer your question; the clear bra would likely be more that fine for exercising her and then when extended travels on the highways are scheduled slip the SL bra on knowing that nose impact from rocks and the like will likely never be seen; secondary peace of mind.

I hope that this helps; I have never used both together but rather I migrated from days gone past when cloth bras/mask were the only option into the clear bra arena and now I find my self with a cloth bra/mask again.

Takes care

Shadowman