Set of FGT optional BBS factory wheels for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Wheels are gone

Wheels are gone. Thanks

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
jmorken522,

First, thank you for becoming a subscribing member. DBK will have your banner up soon. Second, good luck with your sale or trade.

Chip

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Set of FGT optional factory wheels for trade on an aftermarket FGT set of wheels. I would like to trade this perfect set of wheels (no tires) taken off my 06 FGT with less than 1800 miles on them. They have been sitting in boxes in storage for the last 2 years. All wheel weights have been removed and the wheels cleaned and closely inspected for any flaws. Only one imperfection was found. One of the front wheels had a very small surface scuff (which did not nick or chip the paint) on one of the spokes. I was going to have the wheel repainted - but the local Ford Dealer Body Shop was able to lightly buff the area on the wheel and TOTALLY remove the light surface scuff. The wheels are literally in new condition.
I would like to trade them for a set of quality new or used aftermarket wheels or a partial trade for a set of standard wheels that I can have painted black.
Thanks Josh Morken
507-279-9205 (call anytime)
Will post detailed pics on Thursday afternoon when I get my digital camera back.

PM Sent

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
PM sent too!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Josh, I noticed you started a new thread, and are not responding to PM's or phone calls.

Have you decided against trading these at this time?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yes he has, had a deal mostly worked out and he was supposed to come and see me on friday as I was the 1st to call him. Never heard nothing back and had to call him again and now he wants 4gs for them and no trade........I know where there is a set with tires for 4 grand so this isn't a great deal, unless you dont wanna spend 7 grand from ford.

Dan

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
If anyone wants to trade... I have a set painted gulf orange in perfect condition, and I would like stock color, optional rims. Mine are the optional rims and are at the GT Guys right know. I believe Rich is going to do a picture and post.
Thanks!

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Sorry I had to go out of town for a few days and did not have access to a computer. I would still like to trade for a set of aftermarket wheels or else buy a set outright - it really does not matter to me. I would sell the wheels out right but I would need to get around $4000.00 to make them worth selling. I have checked with many of the leading people on this forum and all have told me that with the recent price increase of these wheels from Ford $4000.00 would be a more than fair price for these wheels. If I can not sell them for close to that price I will hang on to them. If there is a set of factory optional wheels with tires for sale for 4K you should post them so other people on this forum can buy them because at that price they would be a steal if they are in great condition, hell I'll buy them for that price and have them painted flat black.

Please post where the optional wheels and tires are for sale because I will buy them if they are in good condition. Thanks Josh

Last edited:

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
Josh,
Ill have the GT guys paint my optional rims black or whatever color you like and trade you even up :).
What a great idea!
Larry 410 320 4945

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
And I have a set of standard wheels that are already powder coated black Im willing to trade.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
And I have a set of standard wheels that are already powder coated black Im willing to trade.

He doesn't want to trade now for a set of standard wheels Soroush. I tried, Apollo tried and so did the grey ghost. He just wants to sell them now for 4000.00.

I have a set of optional wheels and tires and Apollo pm'd me about them. When im ready to sell them he will be first on the list.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
$4k is more than fair. They are $10k retail from Ford. Our DEALER cost on them is about $6500.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
$4k is more than fair. They are $10k retail from Ford. Our DEALER cost on them is about $6500.

Some body needs to knock these things off!!!!! For 6500 I would buy hre, 360 forged or true forged. I think there would be a market even in just the GT community for a oe replica wheel. 4000 is not a bad deal that is for sure. I just passed on a set last week for 3000. Which I think was a great deal.

H

HHGT

The problem with machining wheels is a liability issue, especially at high speeds when (gasp... God forbid) disaster happens

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Update

035.jpg050.jpgView attachment 20433

I would still trade for a set of aftermarket wheels or sell them outright. I apologize to people if I misled anybody about trading for a set of standard wheels I was thinking of only doing a "partial trade" on a set of standard wheels. I realize a standard set can be purchased new for around 2K and used optional wheels bring at least 4k. I should have been more clear in my original add. I did not mean to upset anyone by a slow response to their PM, but work was crazy busy last week and that always takes precedence over everything else in my life. Thanks to everyone on this web site for their understanding and patients with my first time placing an add. Sincerely Josh

Can someone explain to a seller novice how to add pictures to this add. Thanks in advance for the help. I think I figured out the picture situation

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 7654sport%20027.jpg
    7654sport%20027.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 153
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Some body needs to knock these things off!!!!!

The FGT wheels have been knocked off and replicas (of the 18" front lightweight FGT wheels) have been used by Shelby American on a special edition SGT Mustang. They look exactly the same BUT they are not forged and so are probably not nearly as strong. The original forged wheels are hell for stout and have proven safe at very high speeds. I would be wary of cast knockoffs with such thin spokes.

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The original forged wheels are hell for stout and have proven safe at very high speeds. I would be wary of cast knockoffs with such thin spokes.

Chip

:agree:

Unless you drive like EP or put them on the Nardo or CP-1 cars.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have a set of black Forgeline wheels with Pirelli tires that I may be interested in trading.

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
What model Forgeline wheel??? Call me 507-279-9205

Status
Not open for further replies.