Servicing in Massachusetts?

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Hi, just got our new 06 blue GT and couldnt be happier. I was just wondering where I can service the car near Boston, MA. Every dealer Ive called is clueless about these things.
Thanks

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I had asked this very same question myself a few times. I bought my car from Waltham Ford in Feb and have not brought it to them. In April I brought it to Tasca in RI to have an alignment and to have one of the upper air inlets fixed (it sorta saggaed). They did a good job, but they are so big I never felt that ‘special’ going there, and didn’t develop a good feel. Plus in calling recently about the oil change, I asked how long it would take them to get the oil and filters and they said they are a big shop and stock hem which was obviously a canned response (turned out they would have to order them).

So now I am bringing my car in for and oil change and 5k mile tune up next Wednesday to Jannell Ford in Hanover, MA. Specracer had his half shaft detach from the transaxle. He seems to have had a good experience so far with them (I don’t think his work has been done yet just a tow and some talk). Plus with all of this talk about the transaxle problem I wouldn’t mind having mine looked at as well and figured the tech would have it fresh on his mind.

I will let you know how things go next Wednesday.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Going in today, I will report back later.........

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I got my 06 at janell

Almost ready for oil change,I asked specracer about there service but he
never got back to me.Hes got bigger things going on.The onley thing that has been happen every now and then my car will stall,Mabe filler pipe i dont know? Just turned 4000 today.Has not burned any oil at all,Got a few mods
i hope that makes no diffence,its been dynoed a few times by Bob Ida.
Car is real fast.Got two vipers with lots of mods and it will spank them easy
very happy with speed and sound.Some one get back to me about janell service please.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sorry, Crayne, I just dropped off the car yesterday, hope to get it today or tomorrow, if it keeps raining. I will give you a full report when I have the car back, and can give you full feedback.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Specracer,

Any update on your car and how things went at Jannell? I had planned on an oil change with them on Wednesday, but a women pushed it back until today because a car was on the lift (I assume yours). I called this morning to see about bringing it in and spoke with a guy named Tom who flat out said he would rather me bring it someplace else. Not sure what to think at this point.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Got my 06 at janell

Im due for oil change,hope it was that you did not buy it there.waiting for andy to get back to me. theirs other things i want to check out.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
The guy on the phone did say why don’t I bring it back to where I bought it (which was Waltham Ford but I was not impressed with them when I bought it). So it sounds like he is more willing to work on your car if you bought it from him. That said I really don’t think he wants to work on any. He said a few times that they are not setup to work on GTs.

I understand that only certain techs can work on the cars, and that things like oil changes take longer, but it should still work for them finically to do it. Not a good sign if it is not. Oh well I have an appointment for next week at Tasca in RI.

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
servicing in Massachusetts

I recently brought my car to Tasca Ford in Cranston R.I. for an oil change, small leak at the steering pump and engine warning light. I was very impressed and happy with the service and the facility. It was well worth the 50 mile ride. I initially brought it to a local Massachusetts dealer who assured me the technician was certified and trained to work on gt's. It turned out he wasn't. They couldn't get the car up on a lift so they backed it up onto stepped blocks. The technician then drained the oil and changed the filter and then removed the car from the blocks and added 8 quarts at which point the oil overflowed from the reservoir. It turned out he didn't drain all of the oil because he didn't know there is a 2nd drain plug on the engine and another on the reservoir. He had already replaced the underbody panel so he thought he could remove the excess oil from the reservoir with the car running. As soon as he removed the cap oil spewed out all over the reservoir. I spoke with the technician who used to service my porsches and ferraris and he recommended Tasca because they have a performance center and a racing program. They treated me and more importantly the car like it was $160k car. The technician is a gear head and treated the car like it was his own. He washed and blew dry the underbody panels before re-installing them. He has serviced over 20 gt's and has done many high performance modifications to them. Bottom line---make sure they know what they're doing and sometimes 50 miles is only a stones throw away

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I’ve just moved back to Boston myself and I’m also in need of a location to service my GT. I’ve been spoilt by Roush in England who service about fifty cars there. I believe one of the reasons Roush have been so good with these cars is because they see so many of them. With this in mind I’d be willing to try to co-ordinate a discussion with a single Boston area Ford dealer who, if we all agreed to use to service our Boston area cars, would in-turn agree to have a tech properly trained and treat the cars the way they deserve to be treated (it would also be nice to have loaner cars, etc). If you have an interest in this please PM me with your e-mail address and where you live so that I can plot all owners on a map and we can try to approach a single dealer most convenient to all owners. Although the fifty miles to RI is not a big deal, given many of us will never sell our cars, in my view it would be worth the effort of trying to organize a Boston area dealer who we could use for our cars for many years to come.

I’ll wait a week for PMs to gauge interest and then get back to everyone that contacts me.

Thanks,

Rob

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Dont go to Jannel

I dont want to trash talk,so i wont.But i told the gt tech i front of his boss
and owner,if i had not been in side where i could not had seen him drive up
in my car.It would have been real ugly when i would have drag him out of my car and the ER would have been his best turn out!

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Geforce, what happened? I read back through the thread, did I miss something?

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
GFORCE, If you're looking for a gt tech who knows what he's doing and you can trust, along with a dealership that has the necessary equipment, i.e. bay with a pit to correctly remove underbody panels and another with a 4 point lift with loaner/rental cars available, I suggest Tasca Ford in Cranston. I have been very happy with the service. It's a 50 mile ride but it's well worth it.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Just saw your post as I am a NEWBE to this forum having taken delivery only two weeks ago. I would be interested in your suggestion of finding one good dealer in MA willing to invest in training an experienced tech or two on the ideosyncracies of the GT. I understand a lot of dealers don't even know there are 3 drain plugs for engine oil and due to the dry sump, cars must be cranked with the ignition off to build some oil pressure prior to actual start after an oil change. In the mean time, Tasca in RI seems to be a pretty safe bet and 40 miles is no big deal as we all love to drive anyway. Thanks, usmcfred

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
usmcfred said:
Just saw your post as I am a NEWBE to this forum having taken delivery only two weeks ago. I would be interested in your suggestion of finding one good dealer in MA willing to invest in training an experienced tech or two on the ideosyncracies of the GT. I understand a lot of dealers don't even know there are 3 drain plugs for engine oil and due to the dry sump, cars must be cranked with the ignition off to build some oil pressure prior to actual start after an oil change. In the mean time, Tasca in RI seems to be a pretty safe bet and 40 miles is no big deal as we all love to drive anyway. Thanks, usmcfred

Where are you located?

Rob

bugsy

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2006
Service in Massachusetts

I just had Tasca replace the transaxle bolts. I dropped the car off at 8:00 a.m. with a loaner car waiting and picked it up at 4:30 p.m. They also replaced the power steering pump even though it looked like it was only an O-ring leaking. When I picked it up the service tech, Dennis Gomes, went over the repair work and had the car safely stored in one of his service bays. Once again, I must say it was worth the 50 mile ride. I'd rather drive the extra miles rather than have some tech working on my car who doesn't know what they're doing and won't spend the time to figure it out. I would sugest avoiding rush hour traffic by dropping off/picking up between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I'm in Dover, MA (near Wellesley). Fred

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Well i guess RI is 3 hr from me

Just got gt# 2 tuesday The black one had alot of mods,But wed its getting
the wipple done, It will be alot of fun after that

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Whipple done at Tasca?

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
No Bob IDA Morganville NJ

He is the man,Knows fords from ground up.