service in the Cleveland Ohio area?

MRFMAN

GT Owner
May 12, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I just purchased a GT 40. Awesome car! It has about 4k mi and I don't have any service history. Figured that it would make sense to at least change fluids and check/change half shafts bolts. Has anyone had good experience with a Ford dealer for service near Cleveland? Is the short shifter a meaningful mod? Anything else I should check for the first service?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Welcome

Welcome to the GT Forum owners group...you will love the car. Oil/filter change is a must. You want to have your own 'starting point'. Check all fluids. The owners manual has a lot of great info...including what color the fluids should be, how to tow, etc ...I read mine cover to cover.. Check lug nut torque. My car has zero mods...so I cannot comment on short throw etc.
Many of the folks are in INDY, but I suspect you may get input on a good dealer in a few days. I am in Detroit ...and have no Cleveland contacts.
AJB

MRFMAN

GT Owner
May 12, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Detroit as in Pistons?

I forgot to mention GT 40 owner and avid Cav's fan. I'm lookng forward to hosting the Pistons tonight. Hopefully we can tie things up. Go easy on Lebron - he's just a kid!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Detroit as in Pistons and Tigers

...and both lost to Cleveland tonight.
AJB