Service at Saleen in SoCal

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Just had my GT to Saleen in Irvine, Ca. for the "halfshaft kit install" as well as some other service items and I am happy to say I have never felt more comfortable dealing with a service department than I was with Saleen.

The facility is like an "operating theatre" and their attention to detail and professionalism was a breath of fresh air after dealing with some Ford service departments on the west side of LA.

Highly recommended...wouldn't think of going anywhere else!!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Zim, is the half shaft kit just replacement bolts with the heat treated washers?

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Zim,
Former question as well, and what was the total P&L? They are close by.
Thanks!!

H

HHGT

Di dyou ask them if they do pulley upgrades? Prices?

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
The kit was just the bolts and heat treated washers. I had purchased it a couple of months ago for approx. $90 from SC Ford in San Francisco.

As for the labor...I had some other service items taken care of and it wasn't itemized. You can call Bill Vaughn at Saleen at 949-597-3819.

As for pulleys etc....I didn't inquire.

Hope this helps...gotta go...with this beeeeuuuuutiful socal weather today...gotta fire up the GT!!!

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
btw...I did have the black washers...which was the info I received when I called the "hotline" a couple of months ago...still feel better that it was done..I at least now know that bolts were torqued properly...blue locktite etc

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
How long did the job take? (estimate)

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Don't really know..had some other items done and all were lumped together under "labor". I'm sure they could tell you exactly.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Di dyou ask them if they do pulley upgrades? Prices?

Yes, Saleen does all sorts of power upgrades.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes, Saleen does all sorts of power upgrades.

You know this first hand Todd? Is there something you have done to your car that you want to tell us about? :wink

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
You know this first hand Todd? Is there something you have done to your car that you want to tell us about? :wink

No, I am still bone stock. Need to pay the car off before adding goodies. But I have talked to Steve a couple of times out here and he is always offering to do something.