SEMA "Get Together" Lunch

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Since Bony set-up the Thusday night dinner at Palm Steak house, it appears that there has been an overwhelming response. I thought that it might be a good idea to set up a luncheon for the Forum Members on Wednesday, November 1. This will give us chance to meet up together earlier in the week to plan the show activities, drunken revelery, etc., etc. First, I would like to know how many people are interested so we can get a count for planning, and whether anyone has any good ideas for securing a room/table, etc. I would be happy to set it all up, but before I do, I would welcome any ideas from you guys. I would like to pick a convenient location to the show that is central, and would like to nail down a place and head-count in about a week or ten days. :cheers

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I'll be there

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'll be there also

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I'll probably be there as well. Thanks Tim!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Wish I could attend, not getting in until Thursday, there is a great Italian restaurant, Piero's (check if they serve lunch) and Beach Bar all across the street from SEMA which would be great for your get together.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I should be able to make it. Just need to know details.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for the tip on a place Bony! I'll give them a call once I have a better idea of how many will be there. See you Thursday! :biggrin

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Lunch Time Set!

Sorry it took so long, I have been waiting to see how many of us will be there for Lunch on Wednesday, November 1. I called the restaurants recommneded by Bony and some others as well. With SEMA in town, nobody is willing to take reservations, everything is first-come first-served. It looks like there will be about 8 to at the most 10 of us. So I suggest that we meet at The Beach (The Beach • 365 Convention Center Drive • Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 • 702-731-1925) at 11:45 AM on Wednesday, the first of November. I will try to get there first to hold a table for 8 to 10 and will reserve it in both names (Tim Cantwell and the Ford GT Forum name). If one of you happen to get there first, do the same. Hopefully a few of us can get together!
:cheers

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
timcantwell said:
Sorry it took so long, I have been waiting to see how many of us will be there for Lunch on Wednesday, November 1. I called the restaurants recommneded by Bony and some others as well. With SEMA in town, nobody is willing to take reservations, everything is first-come first-served. It looks like there will be about 8 to at the most 10 of us. So I suggest that we meet at The Beach (The Beach • 365 Convention Center Drive • Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 • 702-731-1925) at 11:45 AM on Wednesday, the first of November. I will try to get there first to hold a table for 8 to 10 and will reserve it in both names (Tim Cantwell and the Ford GT Forum name). If one of you happen to get there first, do the same. Hopefully a few of us can get together!
:cheers
Thanks, Tim. It looks like my plane will get there in time for me to join you all as well. I'll head straight to The Beach and If I get there ahead of you all I will get the ball rolling! :banana

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Lunch

Tim,

Good job! Thanks for organizing this. I'll be there too. Too early for drunken revelry...but it's a start! :wink

Gordo
FB GT40

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Thanks

Tim,
Thanks for the invite, I will not get there until late Wednesday night so I will have to miss this one.
Don

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
sorry, ALSO COMING WED NIGHT. I am starting to get excited about the trip. Pictures of the Ford Edge units released the other night look good. It's going to be a blast.

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Piko's will be in the SCT booth and we will be there for the week!! Hope to see all of you again!!!

TonY G

gamera11

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
Kansas City MO
I will be there. Look forward to putting some faces with the forum names.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
How is everyone getting in to SEMA? I thought is was for market//wholesale only.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
How is everyone getting in to SEMA? I thought is was for market//wholesale only.

Good question. You should know that the vendors spend an enormous amount of money to plan, bring products, and to staff the booths for the week. Their objective is to find new dealers/distributors for their products and that's who the SEMA audience is intended to be. However, in recent years SEMA organizers became a little lazy and the criteria to get in was pretty easy. Generate a fake business card and mail it in with your registration and that's about all it took. No more. I guess the vendors had finally had enough and much of the crowd was too obviously individual enthusiasts - not buyers. The event has become VERY crowded and does, I suppose, detract "legitimate" buyers from attending and doing business.

This year it seems that SEMA has substantially tightened the criteria to get in - but there are still ways to get around the system. Essentially, you have to have some proof that you are employed by a company in the auto business and now they want to see a badge, business license, and one or two other proof points before they will let your register.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
What will you look at?

For you SEMA veterans, what would you suggest looking at related to the GT?
I know the show is huge and it would be easy to miss something, so what are your thoughts?
Don

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for the replies to the post. I look forward to seeing everyone!

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Wednesday Lunch at The Beach

Please add me to the lunch count. I live close, so if you need me to "reserve" seating, etc. just let me know.
Looking forward to meeting others! :thumbsup

myheritage

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
San Diego, CA
Lunch on the 1st

I'll try to be there. Will be there to search for stuff for my GT. Make that two of us.