Self Parking Cars.....

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
.......just read this today so bear with me if this is old news. Aren't drivers bad enough without giving them an out to anything that might be remotely complicated about driving.

I used to laugh at all those futuristic movies where people get into the driver's seat, plug in their destination and let the car drive them where they were going. Not laughing now. I enjoy driving. I guess in 20 years all the cars I will be driving will have to be classics.

Here is the link to the article.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081230/ford_self_parking.html?.v=4

It is great that an American car company gets good press for the innovation though. Love that blue oval. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
horrible news, now there is another thing that Mrs Bony will be able to do without me....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hasn't lexus had this on its cars for 3 years? guess what it doesnt sell, it takes the whole trunk to run the setup:thumbsdow JUST FOCUS ON THE 60 MILE PER GALLON F 150 I SAW 3 YEARS AGO AT FORD!!!!!! STAY THE COURSE NOT THE LAZY GIMMICK STUFF............ENJOY HOPING 09 IS A WEE BIT BETTER THAN 08 GTJOEY 1314/0004

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hasn't lexus had this on its cars for 3 years?

Yep and they also have pedestrian impact friendly front ends. Is just me or are these people installing options to make it appear they are better drivers than they really are. :biggrin

:lol