seeping oil

GTme

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Just noticed a little oil seeping from under the hose connected to the top of the oil reservoir that is located behind the head of the passenger. It has a spring clamp on it and am wondering if I just need a better hose clamp or if you guys think I should do something else? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions :thumbsup

GTme

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
picture

Here is a picture...oil is seeping from under this hose, not much oil but after driving for a while it will create enough to drip once.
IMAG0046.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
This is common. Change to a worm drive SS clamp.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just for the heck of it you might try repositioning the clamp. Sometimes that solves the pblm w/o doing anything further. Otherwise, do the worm clamp thing. :wink

GTme

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Excellent! Thanks Stormcat...is there anything I should be careful of or just pull off hose, put on new clamp and crank it down?

GTme

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Will do EP, Thanks

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Just for the heck of it you might try repositioning the clamp. Sometimes that solves the pblm w/o doing anything further. Otherwise, do the worm clamp thing. :wink

Shouldn't the hose be pushed further on and the current clamp be on the OTHER side of the ridge of the aluminum pipe?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Shouldn't the hose be pushed further on and the current clamp be on the OTHER side of the ridge of the aluminum pipe?

One would sure think so.

I wonder if that hose on everyone's GT is clamped that way?

Since #1079 isn't sitting here, 'no way for me to check!

Aug 25, 2006
That is the normal location.

Those clamps once fully compressed never come fully back to life.

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Excellent! Thanks Stormcat...is there anything I should be careful of or just pull off hose, put on new clamp and crank it down?

Pull off the hose and clean up the old oil.. Other than that it's very straightforward. The ridge is a stop.

GTme

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for your help guys, did what you said and no more seeping oil. :) Thanks so much, the people on this forum are awesome!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Do you really have to take off the hose? Why not just cut the old clamp off with some wire cutters/pliers and clean the oil off. Then open up the worm drive clamp and slide it over the hose and tighten it?

Aug 25, 2006
Do you really have to take off the hose? Why not just cut the old clamp off with some wire cutters/pliers and clean the oil off. Then open up the worm drive clamp and slide it over the hose and tighten it?

It is just a breather hose; no gross oil flow just vapor so removal would cause no mess.

Takes care

Shadowman