Seeking FORD GT Tuner

ShankGT

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
Would like to achieve 700RWHP. Any suggestions?

Please contace me directly if you're a tuner at email - ryan@integrativecarecenters.com

Thanks
SHank

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
ShankGT said:
Would like to achieve 700RWHP. Any suggestions?

Please contace me directly if you're a tuner at email - ryan@integrativecarecenters.com

Thanks
SHank

Send it to Heffner! I'm sure Kevin could work something up for you too. You're still good with those guys, aren't you?

ShankGT

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
Big Carrot said:
Send it to Heffner! I'm sure Kevin could work something up for you too. You're still good with those guys, aren't you?

yup, contemplating their Twin Turbo offer.

Heffner is booked for years I thought?

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
for 700 whp - you could pully swap , exhaust , and put a small shot on it and be there for cheap cheap cheap ... or you could opt for the TT route for a few more bucks , there are a few tuners offering kits now.

and no hes not booked for years , call him !

Jason Heffner - 941-359-0900

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
ShankGT said:
yup, contemplating their Twin Turbo offer.

Heffner is booked for years I thought?

Money talks! I'm sure he could squeeze you for a cool project like that!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I agree with Outlaw, if 700hp is the goal, than it's not necessary to go to a twin turbo setup. My car was in the June issue of Motor Trend. With the Kenne Bell snout and 2.5" pulley, Accufab throttle body, and an SCT reflash it had 720 hp at the engine.

If you put either an Accufab or Bob Ida Exhaust you can get another 20 whp and some weight savings.

Pretty close to 700hp at the wheels for a fraction of a TT setup. And, as Outlaw said, if you want another 50 whp a small shot of nitrous won't hurt the engine at all and you'll be way above 700.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
californiacuda said:
I agree with Outlaw, if 700hp is the goal, than it's not necessary to go to a twin turbo setup. My car was in the June issue of Motor Trend. With the Kenne Bell snout and 2.5" pulley, Accufab throttle body, and an SCT reflash it had 720 hp at the engine.

If you put either an Accufab or Bob Ida Exhaust you can get another 20 whp and some weight savings.

Pretty close to 700hp at the wheels for a fraction of a TT setup. And, as Outlaw said, if you want another 50 whp a small shot of nitrous won't hurt the engine at all and you'll be way above 700.

What octane gas is needed the the 720 tune? What can be achieved safely with the crap 91 octane in CA? What can be done with a good safety margin with 100 octane, pulley and tune?

If I don't drive the car too far from home base I could get 100 octane at 2 gas stations within 30 miles from me, but that would be limiting.

BlackICE

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Good point, we used 91 with octane booster when we couldn't get 100.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
californiacuda said:
Good point, we used 91 with octane booster when we couldn't get 100.

So your car was at 720 when the gas was boosted to 100 octane? Raising the octane from 91 to 100 is difficult with booster only!

BlackICE

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
If you want a direct idea of what has worked for me go here to see the current progression of my own personal car :

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/Ford_GT.html

All work to date has been set around 93 octane only. But that will change when the twins are on in a few days and I shoot for 1000RWHP

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Good luck on the tt.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thanks I can't wait !!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Accufab has been working on mine for what seems like an eternity. I haven't had my car for 3 or 4 months. It seems like stage 6 can knock out the tt in record time.

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
Shank, you have too many cars! :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tmcphail said:
If you want a direct idea of what has worked for me go here to see the current progression of my own personal car :

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/Ford_GT.html

All work to date has been set around 93 octane only. But that will change when the twins are on in a few days and I shoot for 1000RWHP

amazing... wow! :banana

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
tmcphail said:
Thanks I can't wait !!

yeah! I can't wait either Torrie!!! :lol :banana I even made sure my new camera has video w/it... You know, just in case there are any anthills where you happen to be testing it out before the rally... :biggrin

Congrats!!!! :cheers

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
My vote goes for Macedo Motorsports in Orlando, 407-246-6511. Straight shooter, extreme attention to detail and incrediable knowledge of forced induction and nitrous. If you want 700 hp with a stock engine he'll find it for you while maintaining a safe tune and driveability. He has made my stock engine, cast piston Viper dollar for dollar one of the fastest in the country.