Seat Torques

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Seats are back from Kinghts Tuesday. Anybody know the torques (are Torx bolts) for the seat to floorpan and seat bottom to seat backs? I notice blue Loctite on floorpan and red on seat backs. Also seat belt anchors?

Thanks

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
seat torques

Seat track to Floor pan 35ft lbs
Saftey belt Anchor to seat track anchor bracket bolt 30ft lbs Put never seize on bolts

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Put never seize on bolts

I wouldn't say never, but that red stuff is bad. Ford seem to use the stuff everywhere on the FGT. To remove the red you often need to use heat.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I think that red stuff on new bolts is more like a loc Tite,, I use a food grade,, Thread sieze ultra,, By Chemsearch,, Bearing in mind all our fixings are into aluminium,, and the bolts are steel, if you want to remove them down the track,, use a good anitsieze..

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
The red Loctite is for studs and things you plan not to remove often, it locks them in place, blue is for common bolts that will be removed often......anti-seize is an entirely different product, it obviously prevents threads from locking up on their own due to some form of corrosion.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I found two places that red was used that was a PITA to remove. One was the bolts connecting the shifter to the mounting flange and the other was the TPS to the throttle body. The first one makes sense the seconds one no. Blue was used all over the interior. e.g. the central tunnel had blue Loctite on all of its Torx screws. A real PITA to remove the first time. I cleaned up all of the threads and reassembled with grease.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
grease huh? Blue will keep the bolt from vibrating loose, and grease will assist in it coming loose more easily.....not sure that's the way I'd go, but I see what you're thinking. I guess what I like about blue is that I don't have to over tighten the bolt, with those possible negative consequences. You're using the higher torque on the bolt to keep it tight, and the grease to be sure it comes off easily......

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
grease huh? Blue will keep the bolt from vibrating loose, and grease will assist in it coming loose more easily.....not sure that's the way I'd go, but I see what you're thinking. I guess what I like about blue is that I don't have to over tighten the bolt, with those possible negative consequences. You're using the higher torque on the bolt to keep it tight, and the grease to be sure it comes off easily......

NBD to re-tighten those screws and I seem to take out the central tunnel every few years for some reason. Fighting to get them out each time gets old fast.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
yeah, that makes sense......

way back in the day that I built my first small SCCA formula racecar....wrenched it like I had all street cars before......and on the first trip to Riverside I remember that little thing basically disassembling itself over the course of its first day of life....been using blue Locktite for every racecar since, and pretty much now everything I do....