Seat inserts

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Does anyone know how to take out the seat inserts and put in the silver ones? I bought them, amd I would like to know the correct way of taking them out and putting the silvers in.

Thank you

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Your black ones do NOT come out. The silver ones press over the top of the original black inserts.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Kave: don't forget this small detail when installing:

"Now something worthy of sharing; the anodizing process typically leaves a small mark on the inside at one point where the electrode is attached; this my friends is a component of their character as such they should be installed with the mark at 12 o'clock on the back portion of the seats and at 3 o'clock on the bottom bolster and it will never be noticed; furthermore once they are fully installed the picture as presented causes this minor character trait to all but disappear.

Takes care

Shadowman"

:cheers

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Kave,
If your silver buttons are too tight, don't force them in. The batch I got have flared necks and didn't fit. Andrew was right on it and replacements are on their way. Check out the original seat button thread for more information.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Mine to

On most the ends were fluted,I just buzzed them with dramel tool

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I got tired of trying to get the hot buttons to sit flush and just pulled them back off. They did in fact, have a flare to the bottom.

Richard Hille
The GT School

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I got tired of trying to get the hot buttons to sit flush and just pulled them back off. They did in fact, have a flare to the bottom.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Must of been one of the bad batches. I am sure you can get them replaced.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I have maybe one fall out per week. Not bad at all.