Searching Corvette Dealer

European GT

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2012
Hello, our business is developing more and better and we have many customers with a Corvette Z06. Here in Germany there is little support from GM. Can any one help me to find in the States a Corvette dealer of interested in a B2B.

Many thanks for your help

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There is a dealer that I saw advertise on one of the car auctions - Barrett Jackson or Mecum - somewhere in the mid-atlantic, North Carolina I think, maybe Georgia. He claims to be the largest seller of Corvettes. I looked and I am pretty sure it was a legit Chevrolet dealership although he didn't seem to have anything else in stock. Anyway, I thought his prices, what he had in stock and arriving stock were superb. I made a mental note that if I was ever looking for a 'Vette that this would be a good place to start. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks of who he is.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Kerbeck Chevrolet in NJ
MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH

These are the two largest Corvette volume dealers in USA

See Corvett Forum for dealer list of others who may want to partner with you.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Kerbeck Chevrolet in NJ

This is the one I was trying to remember! A little further north than I thought but he's the one. Look at the list of cars! Almost every sensible options configuration in almost any color you'd want :)

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I bought from Kerbeck 14 years ago, a pleasure to do business with

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I visited & tried to buy from Kerbeck a couple of years ago. Huge inventory and very nice people, but they said that they were NOT allowed to sell new Corvettes out of the US because of their contract with GM. Apparently they could Loose their license if they were caught doing so. Used Corvettes, no problem.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I visited & tried to buy from Kerbeck a couple of years ago. Huge inventory and very nice people, but they said that they were NOT allowed to sell new Corvettes out of the US because of their contract with GM. Apparently they could Loose their license if they were caught doing so. Used Corvettes, no problem.

As a former GM dealer myself I can tell you that no U.S. Chevrolet dealer (or any other GM dealer) is allowed to export brand new GM cars or to sell them to somebody knowing they are going to be exported. Yeah I know that some dealers do it banking they won't get caught but it is a violation of the dealers franchise agreement and exporting new cars can get that agreement cancelled.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
As a former Ford Dealer (5yrs Ago) I'll add to Chip's comments. I know two Dealers who lost their Franchise for selling vehicles in Canada and Europe. A US dealer as stated in his Dealer Agreement can't export vehicles outside the USA. My brother was in Canada during 911 and tried to purchase a GM van to drive back and couldn't purchase it and bring it into the USA. I sold three K Cars into China in the 80's only with Chryslers blessings and help and made nothing and was a pain in the Ass. Oh, I also had a Chrysler Dealership in the 80's. Enough said.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
As a former GM dealer myself I can tell you that no U.S. Chevrolet dealer (or any other GM dealer) is allowed to export brand new GM cars or to sell them to somebody knowing they are going to be exported. Yeah I know that some dealers do it banking they won't get caught but it is a violation of the dealers franchise agreement and exporting new cars can get that agreement cancelled.

Chip
I buy new brand GM out of the US all the time. There are ways around it where the dealer has no risk -- I can buy any GM car / truck I wish to buy, new in the US and get it here in Canada, with warranty intact. There's a huge savings doing it that way. I can tell you that when I bought my last GMC, a 2013 Denali Dually - I saved 26k buying it new in the US, as opposed to buying it here in Canada.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I buy new brand GM out of the US all the time. There are ways around it where the dealer has no risk -- I can buy any GM car / truck I wish to buy, new in the US and get it here in Canada, with warranty intact. There's a huge savings doing it that way. I can tell you that when I bought my last GMC, a 2013 Denali Dually - I saved 26k buying it new in the US, as opposed to buying it here in Canada.

The customer never understands or feels any risk. The franchise agreement is a powerful piece of paper. And even if you find some technical way around the rules violating the spirit of it can get you into a dog house.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Back to the post.

If your looking for parts support and service info? you will probably have better luck working with a dealer who has a big internet based parts business than one of the high volume sales stores.

European GT

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2012
Yes I´m just looking for parts support and service info. I have no interest in importing new cars to europe.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
The customer never understands or feels any risk. The franchise agreement is a powerful piece of paper. And even if you find some technical way around the rules violating the spirit of it can get you into a dog house.
That's very true and I blame only the automakers for this cross border shipping phenomenon.

Why should I pay GM 79K in Canada for a truck that sells for 55k in the US (both prices being MSRP), just because I live in Canada? And I'm talking about when the CDN dollar was at par with the USD. Whichever way one looks at this, it's blatant thievery and it's just gouging Canadian consumers. I use GM as the example, because their pricing is by far the worst when comparing Canada to the USA. Chrysler even voids your warranty when you cross border for any reason (including moving), so they will never get my (new vehicle) business.

Why am I able to buy a Lexus or Infinity in the US and bring it across, all by the books with full warranty, while saving a lot of money, but not domestic made automobiles? Because GM/Ford and Chrysler are thieves, and that they have to stoop to such low levels as voiding warranty and tossing out dealers for cross border selling proves that. Many of the imports don't have these restrictions at all. There are always exceptions of course, but more allow it than not, with no penalty.

I'm a huge fan of American cars, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a fan of the way the big three treat their clients and dealers. It's no wonder they can't survive without constant government funding. It's no wonder that America buys imports more and more...just sayin.

That said, when I do want to buy American, I just go get it in the US and ship it here.

GM/ Ford and Chrysler should all remember who exactly pays their bills and stop f_cking their customers. There are always plenty of options for buyers other than domestic choices!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
With 3 other buddies we are considering the new Z06 but we do prefer the Euro version. Our official dealer already offers them but arrival May 2015

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
That's only a month or so later than they are expected to release here in N/A

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I want the new ZO7! ,My name is on the list!