Screw size

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Analogdesigner has a novel approach to timing the shifter ball, a recessed hex set screw hidden in the bore.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm not sure if a technique I've used is the same as what your describing, but I have also done a set screw that runs parallel with the shaft in the knob that has a pointed end. This intersects an internal hole that has a piece of brass that has a beveled end. When you tighten the screw from below the knob it pushes the brass out and against the thread locking it.

John

Aug 25, 2006
I'm not sure if a technique I've used is the same as what your describing, but I have also done a set screw that runs parallel with the shaft in the knob that has a pointed end. This intersects an internal hole that has a piece of brass that has a beveled end. When you tighten the screw from below the knob it pushes the brass out and against the thread locking it.

John

Hi John

No what Jay does is insert a set screw within the bore first that can be adjusted so that as the knob is twisted into position if not properly clocked the set screw can be move in or out as needed.

Takes care

Shadowman

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hi John

No what Jay does is insert a set screw within the bore first that can be adjusted so that as the knob is twisted into position if not properly clocked the set screw can be move in or out as needed.

Takes care

Shadowman

You see this is the curse of owning a machine shop. You think of the most exotic way of accomplishing the simplist tasks. Yep, that would work too! :thumbsup Like the exhaust tips are probably worth $800. It ran 1 full day using the wire edm to cut those channels. It was a single piece 5 inches long. When the channels were done I then split it with the wire edm to make 2 pieces.:eek

John