San Antonio BBQ Cook-Off (sea World) - this Saturday

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
For all the STX and other folks in the San Antonio area this weekend I will be set up out at Sea World (parking lot) for the San Antonio Rodeo BBQ Cook-Off. We will have a 100x30ft tent housing 10 cars for display. The entire BBQ is a fund raising event and we will be charging $1/person admission/donation. There will be the essentials in life there: Beer, BBQ, Babes, cars, heavy machinery & free concerts (Aaron Watson & the Bellamy Brothers) thru out the day.

The event is all day this Saturday but will be open on Friday as well. Friday is usually friends & clients. It's a good time. I'll be there if you stop by (you can meet the idiot behind the posts).

Hope you can make it!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am heading back from Florida and might be able to stop by if all goes as planned. Sounds like real fun!:thumbsup

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Feel free to PM me with questions.

We will be in spots 514-517 & 614-617 (its an 8 spot block - 4x2). I'm sure the word will spread like wild fire - just ask "where is the car show".

Hope you can make it!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Man I'd like to go, I grew up in SA not far from there. Unfortunately we will be in DFW this weekend. I cant wait to meet the other GT's in the area. Hopefully next time bud!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
We sent a PM and will try to swing by! :thumbsup

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
We are up to 12 cars now - 2 speed shop vendors - 2 car dealerships and other sponsors. It's all for charity. Bring the kids - weather looks warm.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
WOW! Thanks Fastzilla. We had an absolute blast and are already planning on being there next year. :thumbsup

Beautiful cars, great people and unbelievable festival of food. Anyone that could have gotten there should have... this was out of this world! We drove 1500 miles in two days and are back in California but still dreaming about Texas!!! :banana:banana

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Glad you made it out Apollo - it was a lot of fun! I'm estimating we raised $1500-2000 for the Kash for Kids charity (don't have the total count since it was in a sealed bucket that was full and we were having to pack it down with a stick to get more money in. Not bad for a $1 donation per person to enter. ART & Maximum Velocity both played a big part and their cars were a very welcome addition to the show.

ART with the Rossion Q1, the "what is it" car of the show - it was fun to watch the expressions when they were told "450Hp, 2600 pounds". Chris & Todd, a huge thank you!

Tracey & Tim of Maximum Velocity with their 2003 sonic blue Terminator Mustang had to be the most photographed car of the show. All I know is that I will watch my Ps & Qs when a sonic blue convertible pulls up next to me :)

Looking forward to next year!