saleen s7 barrett jackson

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
wow. the only 1000HP s7 (the others are 750HP) just sold for $375k. the 750HP ones were going for 750k a year ago weren't they? wow, just wow. another year i wish i would have registered as a bidder ...

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
I offerred to buy this car two months ago for $525,000.00 when Saleen was asking 1.2 Million. This car had 6400 miles and just went through a complete rebuild. The problem with a 1000 hp car when reaching their proposed speed of 275 is it needs aero. They also stated there were only 50 cars besides the 13 race cars. They actually built 77 cars, I have two of them one 05 Beryllium and 06 Liztick Red with 300 Miles. I have what is called the most collectible 1st production car for sale with same mileage, non turbo naturally aspirated with all of the Saleen S7 prodcution information. Add 10% buyers fee the car sold for $412,500.00.

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Holy ^%*^%(*% 6500 miles the car had a complete rebuild already??

I offerred to buy this car two months ago for $525,000.00 when Saleen was asking 1.2 Million. This car had 6400 miles and just went through a complete rebuild. The problem with a 1000 hp car when reaching their proposed speed of 275 is it needs aero. They also stated there were only 50 cars besides the 13 race cars. They actually built 77 cars, I have two of them one 05 Beryllium and 06 Liztick Red with 300 Miles. I have what is called the most collectible 1st production car for sale with same mileage, non turbo naturally aspirated with all of the Saleen S7 prodcution information. Add 10% buyers fee the car sold for $412,500.00.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
they clearly didn't pay BJ the requisite fees to hype the car as it went on and off the block with hardly a mention. dave varsha and company didn't even really remark on the car on TV.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They did a cameo on this car earlier in the show.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
they clearly didn't pay BJ the requisite fees to hype the car as it went on and off the block with hardly a mention. dave varsha and company didn't even really remark on the car on TV.

I was there. In person it didn't seem like they were pushing the bidding on the S7 as much as they usually do on a high-profile car, but that's subjective. I couldn't help but notice that it was almost 8:00 and wondered if they were concerned about a commercial break on TV. Maybe there just weren't any more bids to be had, and they just hammered the car.

I was even more surprised that the Allard brought only $185K, but I'm not up to speed on Allards - opinions welcome from the experts in the UK! But B-J described it as their "cover car" and I expected to see more. I don't think this was the proper venue for the Allard.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bernie, I was on the stage when the Saleen went through and I kept thinking you were the internet or telephone bidder on until the last. The sound of the Saleen was wonderful to hear and stand beside. I also didn't see or hear much hype as the Saleen went across. Everyone remember Barrett-Jackson was criticized two years ago for not giving enough time on each car, well noone could gripe this year as at times it was very drawn out and somewhat boreing. From 9:00am to 10:00pm yesterday was a long time on a very uncomfortable chair. Tomy Hamon PS The booze line was very, very long too. I saw no recession around Scottsdale!

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Tommy, Once I had information that it was the Iron Man car I decided not to bid. As of last month this car was totaly apart and having the engine rebuilt. I went through this car at Saleen in Troy and was interested until I knew it had so many miles and was a test mule. Suprised the heck out of me that asking price 6 months ago was 1.2 million. The car I have in the shop has the same paint it is stunning in person. I looked for you and others but did not see anybody as I stayed glued to the tube. Hope you and the GT crew had fun?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

there is no way in hell that car will do 275 mph. it would be lucky to bust 240 mph......

at $412K the buyer stole that car imo

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

like a bunch of other cars this year it was added to the auction at the last minute. it wasn't even listed in the program guide.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sorry, but BJ to me has never been a good test of a cars value. I have seen several cars go through there that bring WAAAY MORE than they ever would in the "REAL WORLD" of car sales and also seen several run through that totally FLOP and would have easily brought more "WHOLESALE" than they did going through BJ. BJ is fun to watch, but IMHO not a place I really want to go buy. Too much hype, etc