Saleen Irvine Pix

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This was posted on Autoblog yesterday, I clicked through all 103 pix..... Wish we went to this facility during Rally 2 vs just the store......

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/05/ahh-the-memories-saleens-irvine-assembly-plant-remembered-in/

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for pics, that Corsa Red S7 is stunning, black is too evil

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Those S7s are just too cool. What are they selling for these days?

mardyn

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Those S7s are just too cool. What are they selling for these days?

mardyn

I found this one on ebay with the buy it now price of $349,500 but that doesn't mean this is what it will sell for. It will give you an idea of what they are asking for them.:thumbsup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:3|39:1|240:1308

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One thing that surprised me, that I forgot to comment on, is look at the half shafts of the S7, wonder if they are an exotic material, becasue they are about half the diameter as our cars, and the S7 has more power....... Might be why a member of the team told me that they never had an axle issue through all design and development.....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
See that Carbon fibre tub in Trunk

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Andy don't forget how much lighter the S7's are against our car's too

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wish we went to this facility during Rally 2 vs just the store......

Truth be told, I think the real reason that that all fell apart was because that time period was the beginning of the end for Saleen. They really wanted everyone to come there, but at the last minute, it became a "er, we are in a production changeover period." Having been there on more than one occasion, I felt that hard to believe.

From what I've seen, it's virtually all over. I talked to Bryan Chambers the other day and he is now at a company in Michigan called Alternative Automotive Technologies, and he was one of the last hardcore Saleen guys left from the Ford GT era. Obviously, we all saw the liquidation that went on recently at the troy facility. The retail store is gone. Paul Wilburn is at Aptera.

Rough times.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Bummer, I remember Bryan from Rally one in Troy. After the SSV tour Leslie and I scheduled our S7 rides the following week and Bryan was our driver.

Great guy, great memories I'll have forever.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, I always thought that Bryan, Mike Zilinski, Mitch Gadd to Steve himself were all very cool towards the GT owners. It's a shame the band broke up.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes, I always thought that Bryan, Mike Zilinski, Mitch Gadd to Steve himself were all very cool towards the GT owners. It's a shame the band broke up.

Right on Brother !

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
DAve - you mention the "liquidation that went on recently at the Troy Facility"

Can you elaborate?
I drove by about a week ago and it seemed quite active.
andy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A huge amount of stuff was liquidated on an online auction site. Everything from wheels to tool boxes to equipment. I looked for Ford GT stuff but couldn't find any in the many pages of stuff being sold.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I'm glad I sent my door in for the Gurney bubble last summer, as it appears "factory" Gurney bubbles are no more...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gt guys are doing the bubble for $4k

How much more factory can you get than Dennis and Rich??? :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gt guys are doing the bubble for $4k

How much more factory can you get than Dennis and Rich??? :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good point....

Andy don't forget how much lighter the S7's are against our car's too

Yes that is what I figured. when we went to the store, I really scratched my head as to how it could possibly pay for it self (of course it did not)..

Truth be told, I think the real reason that that all fell apart was because that time period was the beginning of the end for Saleen. They really wanted everyone to come there, but at the last minute, it became a "er, we are in a production changeover period." Having been there on more than one occasion, I felt that hard to believe.

From what I've seen, it's virtually all over. I talked to Bryan Chambers the other day and he is now at a company in Michigan called Alternative Automotive Technologies, and he was one of the last hardcore Saleen guys left from the Ford GT era. Obviously, we all saw the liquidation that went on recently at the troy facility. The retail store is gone. Paul Wilburn is at Aptera.

Rough times.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So I guess the Raptor Car is Dead... ?? :ack