Safety harness

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I've worn 4pt harness' before(not in GT) and the shoulder straps pull up on the lap belt a bit. Hoping the extra points hold it down.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
If you’re thinking that you need a 5 or 6 point harness, you won’t be using the OE GT seat. And you should buy a real race car to go with it.
One of the turns at Ridge I'm downshifting to 2nd. I'd like to put my hand back on the wheel but I'd slide into the door if I let go. I want a harness so I don't break the shifter.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If you Google Wally you will see he is in Memphis. The website shows stuff for Miatas and Porsches.

As I said previously, Wally STILL resides in SoCal and has constructed an awesome garage/workshop at his home which I been been to on a few occasions. The HQ of Wally's employer, Autozone is in Memphis. Wally has been hands-off the FordGT parts for the past few years - and Don Wagner has managed that site and orders. It is currently still down (Don is working on it) but in the interim, anyone interested in belts or harnesses for the 2005-2006 Ford GT can email Don directly at dwagner302@yahoo.com

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Who sells the billet “GT40” harness bars now? Someone could rig up eye bolts as an alternative. But..the back of the seat could get marred by an eye bolt sticking out.

also…there are 5 and 6 point belts that require a slot in the seat to pull up to the cam lock. That’s the crotch belt.
The setup I posted earlier in this thread are called “formula” belts. The 5th and 6th belts wrap under the drivers thighs and latch into the bottom of the cam lock.
Both types of belts prevent the driver from “submarining” under the lap belts in a collision.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
As I said previously, Wally STILL resides in SoCal and has constructed an awesome garage/workshop at his home which I been been to on a few occasions. The HQ of Wally's employer, Autozone is in Memphis. Wally has been hands-off the FordGT parts for the past few years - and Don Wagner has managed that site and orders. It is currently still down (Don is working on it) but in the interim, anyone interested in belts or harnesses for the 2005-2006 Ford GT can email Don directly at dwagner302@yahoo.com

They also produced the classiest of all the custom aluminum engine cap sets.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
They also produced the classiest of all the custom aluminum engine cap sets.
I wish they didn't have the "40" on them though because it's "JUST GT"

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wish they didn't have the "40" on them though because it's "JUST GT"

I get that. But they are not super ornate or super colorful.

Plus, most everyone outside our little sphere thinks of all Ford GTs as GT40s.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
One of the turns at Ridge I'm downshifting to 2nd. I'd like to put my hand back on the wheel but I'd slide into the door if I let go. I want a harness so I don't break the shifter.
Hmmmm. I don’t have that problem, but then I, uhhh, “Fill the seat” a little more than you do!

Reactions: 2112 and GT@50

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City

I was amazed at the first time I switched from the factory seat belt to a full harness!
So many advantages.