Sad news, my GT all burned

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
First no one hurt. My detached garage burned down yesterday along with my GT with Stillen 3.9 gears and Shadowman doors . Fire inspector still searching for clues. It was a just complete new garage and I suspect electrical fire damage. The fire inspector is not ruling out the GT. He found 2 circuit boards (PCB's) near the left font side of the engine photos attached.

He would just like to know if those two pcb's might have had residual current thru them if anyone knows. I said I would post his question to the forum.

I am convinced there was nothing wrong with the GT. It was in perfect condition just sitting there.

I had the GT locked and alarm set with the keys in the house.

I was going to head up to Auckland today for the Targa Rally.

Not sure what to do now...

Attachments

• left engine.jpg
    left engine.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,120
  • PCB1.jpg
    PCB1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,115
  • PCB2.jpg
    PCB2.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 1,119

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

'R-E-A-L-L-Y sorry to hear that.:ack:ack:ack

Thank God no one was hurt - or WORSE. :willy:willy:willy

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I don't know what to say I really feel for you. I am numb. Maybe Bill or Torrie cananswr your question. I severly doubt th eboards could be fused high enough that they could draw enough amps to start a fire even if they were under power. Most car electrical are the battery primary circuit bare wires that short. With todays fusable links even those are really rare.

Still just super sorry for you.

Tom

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That's just terrible news. I really feel for you, and am glad that no one was hurt.
Hoping all can be replaced again soon...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
John, I am very sorry to hear the bad news. The good news is that it was a detached garage.

I doubt it was the cars electrical system, but you can't rule it out. Are there any ignition sources in the structure, furnaces, water heaters, brushed motors?

Last edited:

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
soooooooo sorry....that really is a bummer. Wishing you all the best in finding out what caused this.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Sorry for your heartbreak bro :frown

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I am so sorry.:frown
Is this one of the cars that had the left hand conversion done to it?
I'm just sick for you.

Aug 25, 2006
OMG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was just about to write you and email and then I saw this; I am at a complete loss for words other than I am truly happy that you and your family alright.

Chats soon

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Terrible - just terrible!!! My heart goes out to you.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
So sorry you lost your car. :frown I have a detached garage also with huge eucalyptus trees behind it. We had high wind today and I cringed at the thought of a tree going through the roof of the garage and crushing the car. I can't imagine how you feel.

To echo everyone else at least no one was hurt.

Aug 25, 2006
First no one hurt. My detached garage burned down yesterday along with my GT with Stillen 3.9 gears and Shadowman doors . Fire inspector still searching for clues. It was a just complete new garage and I suspect electrical fire damage. The fire inspector is not ruling out the GT. He found 2 circuit boards (PCB's) near the left font side of the engine photos attached.

He would just like to know if those two pcb's might have had residual current thru them if anyone knows. I said I would post his question to the forum.

I am convinced there was nothing wrong with the GT. It was in perfect condition just sitting there.

I had the GT locked and alarm set with the keys in the house.

I was going to head up to Auckland today for the Targa Rally.

Not sure what to do now...

Now as for the PCM causing this; I would not say one way or the other. Certainly there is low voltage present as well as full current available at the starter and yet the odds IMO are so low that I do not even see it on the proverbial radar.

Again; I am truly very sad

Shadowman

H

HHGT

That is horrible news, I feel for you. Glad everyone is okay.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Such sad news :(

The Gt can be replaced.

Glad you and yours are safe!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT loss

Gimbal - sorry to learn of the fire. Wow - what a terrible thing to happen. It was nice to see you at the Rally in Vegas and I'm glad you are fine. It was lucky that the garage was detached from the house. Take care.

Ed

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Should have been an ENZO and not a FGT

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sad news...:frown:frown:frown Speechless....:frown:frown:frown:frown

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
:frown

sorry

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
This is very, very sad news. To the best of my knowledge, only one GT in Texas went up in flames, but not burned to this extent. There were some pictures posted here of a tungsten on the side of the road.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
so sorry to hear about your loss, but it can be replaced, you and your families health is much more important, none the less, it still sucks, I feel for you.