sad FGT day in Michigan..

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The GT is now undercover, stabil in the tank, battery tender in place etc..:(
--I know, I should move to California, Texas or Arizona.

andy (AJB)

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I know how you feel. Fluids changed and in the bubble until next spring. :frown

I changed the trans oil at 10,000 miles and am really glad I did. There were normal wear particles suspended in the oil, but too much to leave in to 30,000 miles... Seems to shift smoother too.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I changed the trans oil at 10,000 miles and am really glad I did. There were normal wear particles suspended in the oil, but too much to leave in to 30,000 miles... Seems to shift smoother too.

You'll find at the next change, the transaxle oil will look like new. The 1st change is quite filthy, but subsequent changes will show no wear.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

andy (AJB)

Hey !! Why isn't Florida on your list !!! :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey !! Why isn't Florida on your list !!! :biggrin

...'hurricanes, pbly! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Snow, rain, hail, hurricanes, etc doesn't bother EP, he drives the same regardless of the weather.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Snow, rain, hail, hurricanes, etc doesn't bother EP, he drives the same regardless of the weather.

Quite true. The weather only dictates WHICH car...:tongue :slap

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Wow that was a very quick response EP. You are at your best this morning. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wow that was a very quick response EP. You are at your best this morning. :thumbsup

'Just happened to be here at the right moment...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
To Texas via Arizona.

Andy (AJB)

Andy,

Love to see you out here in AZ. I plan to move to Texas in 5 years and will spend the rest of my life in the Lone Star State. Someday, I hope Texas will be an independent sovereign nation once again. Let freedom reign.

Chip

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

andy (AJB)

I was worried at first about the title of your thread. I feel your sadness.:frown

As a California resident, I am fortunate I do not get to use the Stabil.:lol

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Chip,

What part of Texas are you looking at. I know a few of the guys from the Rally were impressed with the Austin area. I have a condo next to Lake Travis and am looking for a permanent residence there now. My son graduates in a year and a half, give it another year and I hope to be in Austin in 3-4 years.

Larry

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Andy I am getting close up here in boston, buy will not rule out a drive untill the salt actually flies.....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Chip,

What part of Texas are you looking at. I know a few of the guys from the Rally were impressed with the Austin area. I have a condo next to Lake Travis and am looking for a permanent residence there now. My son graduates in a year and a half, give it another year and I hope to be in Austin in 3-4 years.

Larry

It is sunny and 80 here today in the Austin area. Winter sucks, maybe it will be better here tomorrow.

Hey Larry the lake has risen about 15 feet, 20 more to go and it will look gooood.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Maybe we can meet up for coffee around Thanksgiving. We will be there wed-sun. but am pretty busy with daughters wedding.

Larry

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
my gt is put to bed in michigan as well but i am now in florida for several months. the roads in naples florida are not conducive to spirited driving so i left the baby up north. i also have not been encouraged about much track driving right here as sebring is rather rough and other options do not look optimal relative to road america or the autobahn where this car has exercised up north. however, maybe i am wrong. any advice from stormcat or other florida ford gt drivers?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
It is sunny and 80 here today in the Austin area. Winter sucks, maybe it will be better here tomorrow.

Hey Larry the lake has risen about 15 feet, 20 more to go and it will look gooood.

Yeh, but how is the weather in July?

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Raining here in Seattle area today but weather is usually good enough to take her out a couple of times every month - so she stands ready. Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Isn't EP near Seattle? He never drove his car!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I know the feeling , my GT is up on the lift after an oil change and fuel stabilizer in the tank. Spring can't come fast enough in New York!!!
As for moving save me a place in Austin, but a move to Wyoming is first until the kids get out of school. Any place but NY, bad GT weather and heavy taxes, hell I could buy a GT every few years just in the tax savings if I lived in Texas or Wyoming.

Sad in NY
John:frown