Runway event in Russia - will the GT TT be the fastest!

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
OK here is my 0-222 mph video

The first part I have switched to 6th gear too early - that is why I ran 331 only. 2nd Run was in 5th all the way. Notice the modded lp 640 get smoked. Even on low boost the car is a monster!
At around 50sec in the video - you can see me walking by the car in the blue polo shirt.

And big respect goes to the brave camera guy who's countdown you can hear in the video.
Sorry for his written english though.

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkMEH11Ifdk

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
That is a great video. I love the sense of excitement that you hear in the camera man's voice. I'm sure there were a lot of smiles that day. I also noticed that you can hear the tires breaking loose pretty well in second gear. Next time we'll make sure you break the 380 kmh mark!:cheers

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Heffner Performance strikes again

Jason, you equipment and knowledge of our car again scores a victory!
Thanks for providing options to take our car to the absolute top!

I really enjoyed the "House" music and seeing the GT blow by the competition. And the excitement of the camerman was great as well.

Congrats Alex on a great pass!!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks Bill. Seeing these cars go out and outrun the competition is something that surely makes us all proud. Here is what is really funny; When we were building the first TT Ford GT my thought was that the first one would be the only one. I was fairly certain that these cars would likely end up collecting dust in warehouses. I couldn't imagine that many guys would modify these cars. Well, needless to say that was one of the largest miscalculations of my life.:lol Now they are all over the world showing everyone what the Ford GT is all about.:banana

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
yowzas!!! :banana

d746fbde70f5.jpg

How do we get an invite to the next one??? :biggrin

Jason - we definitely need to make a road trip :biggrin

damn...... she looks hot :eek

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Jason,
The GT owners affinity and your life miscalculation for your twin turbo set up is a testament to this well designed, well engineered, outstanding performance and beautiful looking setup. This option gives owners not only incredible more performance from an already incredible car but the looks and attention to detail are show quality.

(And note, I do not work for or have any financial interest in Heffner Performance)

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
damn...... she looks hot :eek

I foresee a thaw in Russian-American relations!:biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Alex - I'll be in Europe first week in July... When is the next event. If the time overlaps I'll be happy to come and cheer you on!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Get to know your "local" dentist. Your GT might need medical care.

you could say I know the local dentist pretty well:biggrin

yowzas!!! :banana

d746fbde70f5.jpg

How do we get an invite to the next one??? :biggrin

Jason - we definitely need to make a road trip :biggrin

CLEAR HEALS!:eek

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'd like to see the 180 degree angle version of this picture.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think it's incredible that in this field of some of the worlds most exotic, expensive and heavily modified cars, the Ford GT

KICKS ASS!!

(I told you the $10K was in the bag. Although I might not have been so confident if I had known you were going to forget the boost.:ack)

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
AMAZING!!!!!!

Brings tears to my eyes.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
you could say I know the local dentist pretty well:biggrin

CLEAR HEALS!:eek

I can't believe you are looking at the heels :willy:willy:willy

HAHAHAHAHA
:banana:banana

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Awesome video Alex!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

Alex911

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Alex - I'll be in Europe first week in July... When is the next event. If the time overlaps I'll be happy to come and cheer you on!

Mad - we don't know yet. The Initial plan was end of July - beg of August. There will be an unoficcial event end of June - where we plan to bribe the cops to close a 10km straight of a 8 lane highway outside Moscow - negotiatins are in progress - but it is going to be 1-2 hours very late at night with no spectators.
I also plan to attend and event organised by m5board.com in Sweden - They have quite a nice selection of cars there - we will be talking to the org's and maybe organising some pan-european texas mile like event.
I will keep you posted!
If any EU members know how to rent an airfield with good tarmac longer than 2 miles - PM me - we could organise something!
Are there any other TT Gt's in Europe btw?

P.S What else is there to do while the crisis is happening - Race of course!

Last edited:

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Alex,

Please let me know of any events like this in the works. Myself and a few others would love to come over. There is another TT FGT of ours in Germany.

Alex911

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Jason - you will be the first to know :)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I can't believe you are looking at the heels :willy:willy:willy

HAHAHAHAHA
:banana:banana

:biggrin Its important, when they are clear:biggrin

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
From Wikipedia:

The Nardò Ring, is a high speed test track located near the town of Nardò, in the southern Italian region of Apulia, in the province of Lecce.

The track is 12.5 km long (just under 7.8 miles) and is perfectly round, has four lanes for cars and motorcycles totaling 16 meters in width and has a separate inner ring for trucks at a width of 9 meters. In the cars/motorcycle ring the lanes are banked at such a degree that a driver in the outer most lane need not turn the wheel while driving at speeds of up to 240 km/h. In essence, at the so called neutral speed which is different for the four lanes, one can drive as if in a straight lane. However extremely fast cars still require the steering wheel to be turned when going faster than the maximum neutral speed. For example the Koenigsegg CCR which set a speed record for a production car at the Nardò Ring did so with the steering wheel at a 30° angle. This speed record has since been beaten by the Bugatti Veyron at a private Volkswagen long straight line test track in Germany, and hence the CCR only holds the speed record for the Nardò Ring. In the process of fighting a turn as needed when going faster than the neutral speed quite a bit of potential top speed is lost and hence a fast car will go faster in a straight line than what is possible on the Nardó Ring. Even at the neutral speed in a banked turn a car runs a bit heavier than it would in a straight line, since the downforce created by the banking increaces the rolling resistance on the tires. There has only been one fatality at the ring.

The neutral speed for the four car/motorcycle lanes are respectivly:

Lane 1 - 100 km/h (~62 mph)
Lane 2 - 140 km/h (~87 mph)
Lane 3 - 190 km/h (~118 mph)
Lane 4 - 240 km/h (~149 mph)

During regular weekly working activity the maximum speed allowed on the circular track is 240 km/h. Higher speeds are only allowed at times when a client gets the track for its exclusive use.

Here is some more info on Nardo, note scale of tracks. And yes you do have to turn the wheel about 20 deg to stay on track. So you are developing a slip angle with the tires that slow you down. Tire temps were not a big issue. Nardo GT has my tire temp sheets from some of the runs.

Attachments

• HIGH SPEED TESTING.doc
    267.5 KB · Views: 173

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Mark

Note to those new to the Forum, Mark McGowan was the Ford GT prototype driver who drove our stock GT to over 205 mph at Nardo during the certification testing.

According to our GT Yearbook (pg 48) actual measured velocity was 211.89 Mph on May 8, 2004.