Runway event in Russia - will the GT TT be the fastest!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Alex, you ROCK

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You have to be proud to be able to call your GT the fastest street car in Moscow. With the way you were running the car I don't expect that you were making much more power than the pump gas tune. Uploading the 109 tune that I sent you simply increases the ignition timing which is probably only worth about another twenty five or thirty horsepower by itself. To get the full effect you need to turn the boost up as well. This is what I was trying to explain in my e mail. On the bright side, you haven't shown everyone all of your cards yet, there's another 150 or so horsepower left for next time. Please let me know when the next event is and we'll make sure we have it turned up properly.

DOH - I am stupid!!
It is good news though.
Thank god that I was still 1st - otherwise I would need to do a Harakiri to myself! The next event should be around July!
Jason I will call you tonight to discuss the issue - thanks for your help!
Is it worth installing an electronic boost controller or just use a manual boost gauge and tweek it manually?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just use the manual boost controller. The key is to just remember to turn it back down when you don't have race gas in it! I know it sounds silly, but there's already been one GT engine damaged by an owner who cranked it up and ran the wrong gas. And make sure that you've got the 30# boost gauage from Freeflyer. Have a passenger watch the gauge. Not a good idea to be running 900rwhp looking at the gauges at WOT!

Of course, if you would like Jason to install an electronic one and wish to fly him over for the next event, I suppose I could convince myself to come along too :biggrin

Alex911

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It is actually a good thing - with the suspension issues that I have - I would get wheelspins in 3rd with 22PSI boost probably - and that could have ended badly.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AWESOME Alex!:eek:eek:eek
You da man:willy

Alex911

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And I forgot the most important picture

I will use that $ only to buy presents for the GT. Catback exhaust from Jason is already on the way - new clutch from Kyle and Boost gauge from Michael are next. And I will probably redo the soundsystem (change speakers amp, sub and do some interior work) - blue /white carbon inside. T

Attachments

• DSC03870.jpg
    DSC03870.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 400

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Alex - gotta love it. A 10k picture!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You have to be proud to be able to call your GT the fastest street car in Moscow. With the way you were running the car I don't expect that you were making much more power than the pump gas tune. Uploading the 109 tune that I sent you simply increases the ignition timing which is probably only worth about another twenty five or thirty horsepower by itself. To get the full effect you need to turn the boost up as well. This is what I was trying to explain in my e mail. On the bright side, you haven't shown everyone all of your cards yet, there's another 150 or so horsepower left for next time. Please let me know when the next event is and we'll make sure we have it turned up properly.

Jason I think we need to go over there and show him :biggrin

that was a great event, reminded me of fast and furious except with class:biggrin

you did great alex, the launch against the lambo looked nice!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Jason I think we need to go over there and show him :biggrin

that was a great event, reminded me of fast and furious except with class:biggrin

you did great alex, the launch against the lambo looked nice!

I couldn't agree more. We should probably bring your car with us as well as a few others.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I couldn't agree more. We should probably bring your car with us as well as a few others.

Im in, can you transport nitrous across state lines?:biggrin

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations. It's great that next time your GT will look the same but you will have a much bigger surprise. Who knows, maybe another 10,000 surprise. Thanks for sharing. Are you the tall guy standing with the girl in front of your car or the guy with the cigar? :cheers

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Im in, can you transport nitrous across state lines?:biggrin

Get to know your "local" dentist. Your GT might need medical care.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Get to know your "local" dentist. Your GT might need medical care.

Careful guys, I think Alex knows what he's doing!:lol

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
"you haven't shown everyone all of your cards yet, there's another 150 or so horsepower left for next time".
Jason, your work is unbelievable!

Alex, a big congratulations to you. Sounds like a great event and it's always a little more fun when you WIN!:thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Absolutely awesome story and vids Alex!!!!!!!

Keep us tuned for the next round... especially when you get the boost turned up!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
yowzas!!! :banana

d746fbde70f5.jpg

How do we get an invite to the next one??? :biggrin

Jason - we definitely need to make a road trip :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Too Cool !!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
yowzas!!! :banana

d746fbde70f5.jpg

How do we get an invite to the next one??? :biggrin

Jason - we definitely need to make a road trip :biggrin

I don't know that it's appropriate to classify this as a "road trip" but I really don't care what you call it, I'm in!

Alex911

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't know that it's appropriate to classify this as a "road trip" but I really don't care what you call it, I'm in!

She wasn't the nicest one :) I will post more pics of ladies +ford GT when they are ready.

When we have fixed dates for the next event - I will post here and I definately would need some support - and Jason to set up my car so it runs 100% :)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Careful guys, I think Alex knows what he's doing!:lol

Joe - no doubt Alex knows what he's doing.

Dentist comment was only referring to a possible source nox for the next go.