Runway event in Russia - will the GT TT be the fastest!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
We just passed official sunset in Moscow - any news from the event, Alex? :confused

(BTW - where was this held? Been to Russia numerous times over the years, as have others on the Forum. Just curious.:biggrin)

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
We just passed official sunset in Moscow - any news from the event, Alex? :confused

(BTW - where was this held? Been to Russia numerous times over the years, as have others on the Forum. Just curious.:biggrin)

I just got home - went really well - I was the fastest car there. Veyron decided not to race :( I did 205mph standing mile and clocked the mile in 26 secs - was no grip in 1st.
Top speed on racelogic 220 mph in about 1.3 miles - so no I have 10k$ to spend for goodies for my GT :) Really tired - Will do a full write up in the morning - have loads of video! Did about 60 starts 0 -200mph+ - some from 4-5k RPM - the car took it no probs! Even the clutch is fine!
Thanks everyone for the support!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Awesome!!!! You did us proud!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
For anyone that does not know what Alex's car looks like, here ya go!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations, Alex. Look forward to your detailed post. :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

I too look forward to more details

BTW what happened to the 2 mile runs?

All the best

Shadowman

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Very cool, Alex! Any web links to the event? If so, please post (in Russian OK).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
:thumbsup :cheers :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations. Armchair racers can claim "this car will beat that car" all day long but events like this prove beyond doubt that a Twin Turbo GT is the fastest thing out there (so far)!

You can spend more money buying a car, but you can't beat a GT.:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Very cool Alex. Ya made us proud! :thumbsup

H

HHGT

Well Done...

Mar 15, 2006
Awesome! Very well done!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Congratulations Alex. I'm guessing that you didn't turn the boost up from the pump gas setting based off of the 205 mph. At any rate it sounds like you had an unbelievable day. It really pleases me to know that these cars are aout there being put through their paces.

PS. If you don't show us some pictures and video, our new moderators may be forced to ban you.:lol

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:thumbsup:thumbsup

Sounds like you had a heck of a good time. :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congratulations :thumbsup, and I'm looking forward to the vids. :cheers

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
And this field included a Zonda, a Koenigsegg, and an Enzo (not to mention some very serious-sounding Porsches, Vipers, and an Ultima)? Wow! Strong work! Looking forward to hearing the details.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Who was number two?

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sorry for delaying the report - Russia unexpectadely beat Canada in Ice hockey world championship Sunday night - so I had a very difficult Monday.

The event took place at an ex-soviet car test facility called Dmitrovsky avtopoligon which is about 50km outside of Moscow. The event was for cars over 500hp that are road legal - i.e no Subaru's or Evo's that have nothing but a 40 turbo and a steering wheel.
Unfortunately - not all the cars showed up or raced - Veyron owner said that he couln't make it, koengsegg broke down - Enzo's owner was depressed about losing 10k to me - so he didn't race either.
Out of the really fast cars there were:

Modified Lambo Lp 640 with, exhaust and tune
Ultima GTR - about 700hp and 900 kilo's wight
2 Supercharged Vipers with about 800hp each.
A lingefelter (sorry for the spellig) vette with about 650 hp
and the fastest out of all of them - Switzer SPI 750 911 turbo (did 1/4 mile at 10.6 on a dirty track).
Everything was very well organised - the only problem was the Raceamerica telemetric system not working properly for the first day - but problem was solved on the 2nd day.
Everyone was running on MS 109 race gas.
My GT is now oficially the fastest car in Moscow - we will see who turns up for the next event in August!
The start was quite dusty and all the rear whell drive cars had traction issues. I probably had the worst - because I still can't figure out the proper settinigs for the KW suspension and off the line traction for me was pretty bad ( if I don't figure it out within 1 week - I am going to throw it out and install Penske's) - I was either spinning thru 1-st or bogging down and having a really slow start.
All the way I was power switching thru all the gears and was in boost all the time after 1st gear.
I did upload the tune for Race gas - but I felt that the the car did not run as strong as it should - outside temps were around 80F. Judging by the pulls that I did - I was runing about 800 Wheel HP - could it be the stock exhaust that I have? - Unfortunately I did not have time to install a manual boost gauge - so I don't know the boost that I was running - I will have that done this week and . The stock gauge showed 7PSI in 1st and 11 -12 PSI in 3rd (but that is of course wrong). The car did feel slighly more laggy on the race gas tune than on pump gas - the turbos really kicked in only after 5krpm and the car did not accelerate in 6th gear at all. The top speed of 220 mph was reached in 5th.

Ok now about my races with generally everyone: off the line I loose about 3-6 car lengths and after about 150 ft I fly by the corvette, vipers and the lambo and the SLR's- that will all be seen in the vidoes. The only car that gave me a big fight was the Switzet SPI 750 911 - from start it jumped by about 6 car lengths and it took me about 3/4 of a mile to catch up and overtake him - his exit speed at the mile was about 185 mph. From a 30mph roll - no one stood a chance and I flew away by 10-20 car lengths from everyone.
Re the tirese - as I have said I did abot 60 starts during 2 days and the Hoosiers held up really well - no real problems with the tires. After each run I took about 10-15 mins to cool down the car.
I would especially like to thank Shelby for selling me the car - and Jason for building such a great machine and sending me all the necessary tunes! And all of you for the support!
We are getting the dyno set up right now - and we will see how much power the car is currently putting down.
The main video will be ready in about 2 weeks time (lots of compilation to do) but I will be posting videos and picks as I get them in this thread. I will mostly be posting links to other places where the video's and pics are.
Some General pics
http://www.bmwclub.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=270058
http://benzclub.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=183532

Short video's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e_0MYDpank General video

Ford vs Vette at finish - I was already braking for about 100 feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpAbAAtzhvU

Ther will be some better quality video in 1-5 days. I had 1 camera pointed on the Racelogic - so I will post a 0-220mph clip!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
You have to be proud to be able to call your GT the fastest street car in Moscow. With the way you were running the car I don't expect that you were making much more power than the pump gas tune. Uploading the 109 tune that I sent you simply increases the ignition timing which is probably only worth about another twenty five or thirty horsepower by itself. To get the full effect you need to turn the boost up as well. This is what I was trying to explain in my e mail. On the bright side, you haven't shown everyone all of your cards yet, there's another 150 or so horsepower left for next time. Please let me know when the next event is and we'll make sure we have it turned up properly.