ROUSH GT Pulley Kit

lemans

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2006
Hi guys
Has anyone installed a ROUSH GT Pulley Kit on the car?
I just finished installing the borla full exhaust (gtx) on my car with k&n high flow filters and my tech guy recommended to remap the ecu, this will happen next week. The problem is that I just ordered the accufab tb and the roush pulley kit and I was planning on installing this parts after I finish the remaping of the ecu. should I wait or I can just install the parts afterwards? it is a problem of timing the arrival of the parts before the dyno run . I dont want to pay 2 times for the tunning. some one knows if I change the pulley and the Tb after remaping, do I have to re-tune the ecu again? or the computer will compensate by itself.
Also is it easy to change the pulley? the guys at roush said that the kit comes with instructions but you know what that means....jaja
thank you :willy

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
When you say "remap the ecu", does that mean a custom tune by somebody using for example SCT software, or is the remaping using a preprepared generic engine computer change. The answer to the question may affect the sequence of your modification.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
again, sounds all soo yesterday...

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
lemans

It isn't very easy to change the PULLEY !!! You HAVE to REMOVE the SUPERCHARGER to replace the pulley and have a specal PULLER to remove it and a PRESS to install the NEW PULLEY !!! You have to remove the BELLEY PAN and the interior engine pannel too !!! There are other items you have to remove on the engine to R/R the Supercharger Belt.

AMB

lemans

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2006
Californiacuda

the guy at the shop showed me the hand held tool that he will connect to the cars computer. Looked like the one I used on my hummer (super chips) my back ground is from motorcycles and back in the days we remaped the ecu with my lap top, maybe that is why i used that term (SORRY IF IT SOUNDED SOOOOOOOOO YESTERDAY to someone else, maybe I should move to italy, or Miami, or.... :thumbsdow ..... who cares)
thank you guys I do apreciate your input

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Let us know the results, after you get the mods in.

Good luck

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
lemans said:
the guy at the shop showed me the hand held tool that he will connect to the cars computer. Looked like the one I used on my hummer (super chips) my back ground is from motorcycles and back in the days we remaped the ecu with my lap top, maybe that is why i used that term (SORRY IF IT SOUNDED SOOOOOOOOO YESTERDAY to someone else, maybe I should move to italy, or Miami, or.... :thumbsdow ..... who cares)
thank you guys I do apreciate your input
Sorry MrLemans, no offense intended.. It is most likely the SCT II, that hooks up to the ECU plug under the dash on the left hand side, and let´s you program or reset the program very easily.. You can even have program settings sent to your computer by your favorite tuner and load them to the SCT, and then into your car. Like a Valet program, that limits the max speed to 70mph, I have that one, it´s definitely fun !

cheers
stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Go ask Tony:

www.hp-performance.com

He´ll take care of you, I can only recommend them ! Safe and fast tuners

lemans

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2006
SLF360 said: