Rotary or Bendpak?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Which 4 post lift and model would you guys recommend and why?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I am looking at purchasing the Bendpak HD-9.
The Rotary will not fit in my garage.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'No spin'? 'May as well flip a coin, Evan.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I have a couple BendPaks....I forget the model number but I am happy with them.......

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Check out the lift height - 80" lift needed for height of clamshell when open. FWIW I have Forward lifts.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Bend peak. I had 6 four post and 4 four post Bendpaks at my restoration shop for years and never had a problem with them!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Check out my "avatar", that's a double wide Bendpak, highly recommend.

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
I have a couple of commercial Rotary, 2 and 4 post units. I believe they were made in Indiana..Get the extended ramps for low profile vehicles.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Rotary. Made in the USA. The Rotary Revolution is their homeowner lift and will not require extended ramps since the runners are not very tall. However, the short runners limit capacity. It is fine for all sports cars since they are not very heavy.

I went with the commercial grade Rotary because I needed a heavier duty general purpose lift to service my others vehicles (including an F250) while I wasn't using it to store the GT. The Rotary commercial lifts will require extended ramps for low profile vehicles because the runners are twice as tall (hence the increased capacity). Since I was a carpenter in a former life and I am cheap, I made mine out of wood. Rotary make a really nice set of aluminum extended ramps but they are expensive. Rotary also makes a narrow-bay, short commercial lift which fits fine in a residential garage. It is still wide enough to accommodate the GT with ease.

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
What do you guys think of two post storage lifts. Are there any that you would consider. Thanks much for the replies.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What do you guys think of two post storage lifts. Are there any that you would consider. Thanks much for the replies.

They are OK if you only have a 2 car garage and absolutely must have it to maximize storage. What kind of space do you have? They are not very good as service lifts and they require more jockeying to get to your cars. Also, the ones I have seen seem a little too light duty for something I am going to be standing under. I'm sure they are fine for 2 light cars, but I personally would not store heavy vehicles on them. A lift is something you really want over-engineered.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
love the BP... get the wide one for the FGT. Actually I'll be adding a second one in the garage for the other cars to store.

re 2 post - full ramp I guess but the concrete has to be at least 6"+ thick which might require cutting, rebarring and poring a new base for the pedestals.

If the 2 post is not full ramp you dont want to leave the four wheels hanging as that will lead to future suspensions troubles they say

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have the extra wide Bendpak (HD 9XW) because they are very easy to park under. I plan on ordering another to place along side it and will be the exact same unit, as I'm very happy. Also didn't go with the double because I didn't want to move two cars every time I wanted to lower it. Probably can't go wrong with either brand however if you have the room I strongly suggest the extra wide:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I have the extra wide Bendpak (HD 9XW) because they are very easy to park under. I plan on ordering another to place along side it and will be the exact same unit, as I'm very happy. Also didn't go with the double because I didn't want to move two cars every time I wanted to lower it. Probably can't go wrong with either brand however if you have the room I strongly suggest the extra wide:thumbsup
I hear you regarding the moving of two cars to get one off of the top. When you have a 20x20 space, you don't want to have 8 posts, or you'll have twice the chance of hitting one or more of them!!! It's a pain, and also not easy to get in or out of the GT when the other car's on the lift, have to vault over f rom the passenger's seat to the driver's seat!!! :( But, I have a four car garage!!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have 2 Rotary Revolutions. Pretty sure nowadays they are not made in US. Still great quality.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Due to the fact the Bendpak is more compact will be going with that. The HD9.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Great choice

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I use a Propark 9...have two of 'em for about 4-5 years and am very happy with them. I wish I'd had the room at my previous home for the wider lifts. I have ample room here, but didn't back then. If you're planning to drive a GT on or under one, the wider one is the way to go, as there's not much more than 1-2" clearing for the mirrors. No issue with my Viper or Z06, but the GT is a tight fit.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
HD-9 is a good choice.. I have an HD-9 at home and an HD-9XW (extra tall and long - same width as HD-9) at the shop.

IMO, Bendpak is the best value in the higher end consumer lifts.

Reasons I chose Bendpak: excellent customer service, lifts are certified, air safety locks, adjustable width ramps, ability to have them custom painted, and a very smart integration of rolling bridge jacks for tires-off service. I didn't/don't care that the steel originates in China. Much of our steel in the U.S. does.

Diffuser off for power steering hose replacement.

IMG_0695.jpg