Road America

Cobradvr

GT Owner
Curious if anyone is going to the Road America event featuring GT40 vehicles this July?

I have a great connection at the track and could possibly coordinate a special Ford GT track event...

http://www.roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=5

Have a great evening,
Mark

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Cobra, we had a thread on this, but past sad events kind of cooled it down. I'm interested.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd also be very interested.

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
I'd be interested as well. The lunch time touring has a 70 mph speed limit and is usually very crowded.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gordon Wolf in Vegas is also interested. DriveBy in Chicago and probably PMC in Chicago are also interested.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Frank, I might buy into that as well.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, I'll start delving into it again. Motel rooms seem to be the problem. Guys, you can look at my previous posts on this event. Frank

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
You're absolutely right Frank!

I am good for at least one day - probably Saturday - not sure about staying over. :cheers

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I'm good for one day as well. Probably drive up and back unless accomodations are available last minute.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I will be there, at least one day with the GT.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Alright, looking on a map last night, I see if you're coming from the South, you have to go through Milwaukee. The track is about even with Sheboygan, just more West. Up I-43 to some small back roads, etc. I'm going to look into hotels with covered parking on the North edge of Milwaukee. For me to get to Milwaukee from Sterling, IL (I-88 East to Rockford, then I-43 over and up) will take 2 1/2 - 3 hours. I'm assuming the rest of you guys are coming from the Windy or close by. I haven't heard from Cobra yet, but please send me a PM with your approximate start point and maybe an e-mail address or cell phone number. DriveBy and Indy GT not necessary since I know how to get a hold of you guys. Indy, I assume you would overnight in Chicago on Friday or so. Frank

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I've got my tickets and am going to this as my family lives in WI, so it gives me a chance to see them and a good race all in the same weekend. :banana I haven't seen any posts on this in the last few months. Is anyone still planning on getting together that weekend?

-MJ

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
My 9 yr old has travel baseball tournament all weekend. I am trying to drive up for the Saturday only. My mother in law's husband (don't ask-2nd spouse stuff) is racing his Sunbeam Tiger, so I'd like to get up there at least on Saturday.
Anyone interested in getting together, just p.m. me.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DriveBy and I are meeting on the North end of Milwaukee at 7:00 AM Saturday morning if anyone is interested. Just received the receipt for my passes for everything. We will both return home Saturday night.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
DriveBy and I are meeting on the North end of Milwaukee at 7:00 AM Saturday morning if anyone is interested. Just received the receipt for my passes for everything. We will both return home Saturday night.

I'm taking my Dad on Saturday. His first race. :biggrin We are coming from Wauwatosa. Should be a good time.

BTW Dr. Pikul, do you recognize this avatar? :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm taking my Dad on Saturday. His first race. :biggrin We are coming from Wauwatosa. Should be a good time.

BTW Dr. Pikul, do you recognize this avatar? :wink

Only Frank would have a nuclear light in RED!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry to disappoint, but I have nuclear reactor light #1, and it is ice blue.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Latest news on RoadAmerica/Kohler Classic

Just got off the phone with the track. Credentials should be picked up at the track at GATE 6 in the registration building. You may want to bring your Billing Statement/Receipt with you for proof. There will be special paddock parking for Ford GT's only. Decision has not been totally made yet about track time. Unless you have a very recent tech inspection of your car, don't count on anything other than the touring parade laps. I'm not going to bring my helmet or belts.

Frank

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Sorry to disappoint, but I have nuclear reactor light #1, and it is ice blue.

You are correct of course, but my camera must have wanted to add a little pink with the blue. Kind of cool looking (at least to me). :biggrin

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I'll be there.
I was comming anyways to race my Mclaren Can Am car and decided to bring my GT along to race in Groups 10 & 11. I'm also taking both cars to the Friday night race car concourse in town. We'll be located in either the main or upper padock, Feel free to stop by and chat. Look for a white toter-trailer with a blue/white Ford GT, black Mclaren M8F and red Ralt RT40/41 Formula Atlantic.

John Burke