RIP Aussie Peter Brock

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bad week for Ozland, first Steve Irvin, today Peter Brock died in a rally driving is Shelby Superformance Daytona Coupe... RIP

Attachments

• 6TT 4079.jpg
    6TT 4079.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 405

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sad news for the automotive world....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It is sad that I can't find anything about this on the web. Must not be newsworthy. CNN can tell you how many hot dogs someone ate, but if an automotive great dies it is not important enough for a few sentences.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Silverbullitt said:
It is sad that I can't find anything about this on the web. Must not be newsworthy. CNN can tell you how many hot dogs someone ate, but if an automotive great dies it is not important enough for a few sentences.

Try google Peter Brock death.

Worked for me but not much about it yet.

Sad indeed.

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
very sad

Thanks for making us all aware of the unfortunate event. Keep us posted of any developments or memorials you become aware of...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Both died doing what they loved. Death is surely sad, but there's no better way to go than doing what makes live worth it for you in the first place.

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Absolute tragedy
try www.theaustralian.news.com.au
He was an absolutley fantastic person on and of the race track,great personality always willing to help even as our competitor on the track.
Peter will be sorley missed

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
We Ford enthusiasts lost a huge part of Ford racing history with the death of Peter Brock. He was Shelby's lead design engineer in the early years and had a lot to do with the design and evolution of the GT40. Got to meet him many years ago at a Shelby event. What a great guy! God speed Mr. Brock!

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
STORMCAT said:
Sad news for the automotive world....
Absolutely. Incredibly talented individual who contributed a lot to the sport. The Cobra Coupes are one of the few cars that are as pretty as the GT. Especially sad day for Datsun fans since BRE was responsible for most of the marques early racing success.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
isaakgt said:
We Ford enthusiasts lost a huge part of Ford racing history with the death of Peter Brock. He was Shelby's lead design engineer in the early years and had a lot to do with the design and evolution of the GT40. Got to meet him many years ago at a Shelby event. What a great guy! God speed Mr. Brock!

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PETE BROCK WHO DESIGNED THE DAYTONA COUPE AND LIVES IN WASHINGTON STATE. This is Peter Brock, a great driver and sportsman from Oz. I met him, will remember him as a gentleman. RIP GOD BLESS YOU PETER

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
bony said:
THIS IS NOT THE SAME PETE BROCK WHO DESIGNED THE DAYTONA COUPE AND LIVES IN WASHINGTON STATE. This is Peter Brock, a great driver and sportsman from Oz. I met him, will remember him as a gentleman. RIP GOD BLESS YOU PETER

Thanks for the clairifacation. Sad just the same :frown Our thoughts and prayers are still with him and his family.

I am sure "Pete Brock" had a few phone calls today.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Wikipedia had information up on their site like 2 hours after the news broke.

RIP...