Remember when ZR1s sold for $100k over sticker?

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
things have changed...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvettes-for-sale/2502664-new-2009-zr1-10-000-off-msrp.html

just thought someone here might be looking for one.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Just like the KR's

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I remeber when a local Ford dealer was charging $395,000 over sticker for the GT and $75,000 over sticker for the GT500. I guess you can say it is a buyers market.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
things have changed...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvettes-for-sale/2502664-new-2009-zr1-10-000-off-msrp.html

just thought someone here might be looking for one.

Shouldn't a nice looking young man like yourself be out doing something other than on a website talking to a bunch of old farts?:frown I'm just sayin'!

Yes, I remember the 78 Pace Car Corvette bringing thousands over sticker, PT Cruiser, Prowler, New Beetle, Ford GT, Z06, ZR1, ............some people just have to be "first" with the new toy. Every time...just wait a year.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Shouldn't a nice looking young man like yourself be out doing something other than on a website talking to a bunch of old farts?:frown I'm just sayin'!
well a 25 degree night has the entire city of Houston on lockdown and the only thing on tv is Alabama playing against some crappy school.

:willy

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i bought all of the cars listed in my sig new from the dealer, and i paid msrp or less on every one of them :wink

i never bought any of them with the intention to sell, so the resale price does not matter to me :thumbsup

except for the Z06 :lol

i may just trade it in for a ZR1 :banana

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I remeber when a local Ford dealer was charging $395,000 over sticker for the GT and $75,000 over sticker for the GT500. I guess you can say it is a buyers market.

And IMO those who PAID those prices were completely out of their minds. There's no car (or anything ELSE in this world) worth 2, 3, or more times it's sticker price to own. 'Don't care what it is. To me, paying those prices simply amounts to spending money to demonstrate one can...although I realize there probably IS that one guy in 100,000 who really, really, R-E-A-L-L-Y spends the money 'cause he's REALLY, REALLY just gotta have it, gotta have it, GOTTA HAVE IT at any price ('poor soul).

That said, everyone DOES have the right to be taken to the cleaners voluntarily if that's their choice. And dealers are certainly within their "rights" to TAKE them there. The free market system allows both and stands in the way of neither.

Profound (and extremely CHEAP!) Pockets

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It would be mindless to pay 2x+ sticker for a car that never leaves the garage!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
It would be mindless to pay 2x+ sticker for a car that never leaves the garage!

Are you referring to anyone in particular, or in general? :lol:lol

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Yes, I remember the 78 Pace Car Corvette bringing thousands over sticker, PT Cruiser, Prowler, New Beetle, Ford GT, Z06, ZR1, ............some people just have to be "first" with the new toy. Every time...just wait a year.

Good thing you didn't list the 07/08 SHELBY GT500!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Good thing you didn't list the 07/08 SHELBY GT500!

It was mentioned in a prior post.:bored

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
It was mentioned in a prior post.:bored

Dam....missed it!