Remember the 458 Spider driver vs. LEO incident?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Looks like it shortly will become a case study in how to turn a well placed foot into a small fortune...maybe:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/8/22/Follow-Up-Cop-Sues-458-Spider-Driver-for-10-Million-7710378/

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Irresponsible behavior on the part of two dickheads. Both played a part in what could have all been avoided. Frivolous lawsuit if ever there was one.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Just headlines....the "public servant" has a work com. claim. And that should be an interesting hearing.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
zero chance his foot is hurt

If any pressure was on foot he would not be able to pull foot out

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Predictable.

We need more lawyers.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No ambulance called. The X ray should show nothing. To prevail you need liability and damages . He maybe has one. Even in NY this is likely going nowhere though his or her auto insurer may settle it for peanuts. If being a total jackass was worth 10m he would deserve it.
I wish we had had cell video when I was a young defense lawyer.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
don't f with the cops, they are really wired up these days

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
For something like that today a cop could kill you!

Ed

PS Was that a Spider? It looked like a coupe to me. Also that cop totaled doored that cab with the F-car. Losers attract losers!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Another bogus disability claim by PD coming up. If its like California he then can get half his pension tax free. What a joke that is, 60% of PD retired in Irvine did so on claimed disability in a recent Orange County Register article. Fire Departments similar. As if the lavish pensions weren't enough. It's theft.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
PS Was that a Spider? It looked like a coupe to me.

I really didn't remember which it was, Ed. I just remembered it was a 458. The article said "Spider", so I went with it 'cause it obviously made no diff one way or the other as far as the incident itself was concerned.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Spider. Look at rear retracting top
No glass over engine

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Another bogus disability claim by PD coming up. If its like California he then can get half his pension tax free. What a joke that is, 60% of PD retired in Irvine did so on claimed disability in a recent Orange County Register article. Fire Departments similar. As if the lavish pensions weren't enough. It's theft.

I believe I read in the Newsweek Cover story this week that 3.6 Million Americans have retired on disability in the last for years. From another recent article; "in 1980, there was 39 workers for every person on worker's disability. Now it is down to 14". (going by memory on the #s)

:frown