Red Rocks Lambos

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
On the way up to the parking area at Red Rocks CO today we passed two black Aventadors going down. Looked like a camera car was following. They looked as if they had never been washed. I mean dirty as hell. Shockingly filthy.

Anybody know what that's about? Sorry no pics.

http://www.redrocksonline.com

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did we miss lunch? I totally forgot and I guess I never heard that there was going to be a meet. Sorry if I missed the email/phone.

My picture to the left was taken there, as have been all of the for sale photos for my Cobra and the Mustangs. And Jan 2014 in the 2013 GT forum calendar. It will take a whole lot of searching in Vegas to find a better car photo site. But, I hear that both the Vegas Red Rocks (no relation) and Valley of Fire can work at certain parts of the day.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Let's not forget that Red Rocks is one of the world's greatest outdoor venues in the country with artists like the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac (and Stevie Nicks every few years), Elton John, and who knows who else.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
You didn't miss anything. We were talking last Sat, but the weather was bad, died on the vine. We will re-plan. Out with the family today, pleasantly surprised to see a couple supercars, albeit dirty ones.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You didn't miss anything. We were talking last Sat, but the weather was bad, died on the vine. We will re-plan. Out with the family today, pleasantly surprised to see a couple supercars, albeit dirty ones.

We are packing a trailer this weekend and heading to Vegas on Monday to take possession of our new casa on Tuesday. We'll be back and forth every 2-3 weeks until our house here sells. We are meeting the pool guys next week and they will begin making a total mess of the house while we are gone :) Next trip is to start on the 25th (a Colorado Springs Digital Equipment Corp reunion and I think we'll tow another trailer of stuff out to Durango and through Monument Valley which my wife has never seen).

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Let's not forget that Red Rocks is one of the world's greatest outdoor venues in the country with artists like the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac (and Stevie Nicks every few years), Elton John, and who knows who else.

Saw many a concert there in the early 80's. Quite a setting for a show!

Usually hit a little place in Morrison for an early dinner and then up the road for the concert.

I do miss Denver now and then.

Jeff

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Saw many a concert there in the early 80's. Quite a setting for a show!

Usually hit a little place in Morrison for an early dinner and then up the road for the concert.

I do miss Denver now and then.

Jeff

All things considered I'm starting to want to stay here, but we need to get to a warmer place. The reality is it's a (long) day's drive from where we are, and can come back any time to visit.

Some day I'll write a tome about why Colorado is the greatest state in the union.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Tony,

I just did Monument Valley for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was several times better than I even expected, it was amazing. It sounds like you've already seen it, but if not, take one of the 3 hour Jeep tours.....I thought it was highly worth it.