Red GT @ Auto Gallery Calabasas

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Saw it sitting outside shrouded in mist/fog as I headed into Canyons with 10ft Fog visibiłity at 7am upto Malibu with same on PCH curves

Fog Lights work!

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
I bought it!!! amazing car...whipple supercharger, FR exhaust, short shifter...perfect in every way!!!I just drove it down PCH yesterday.....everybody taking pictures and trying to race me!!! LOL
it really is in perfect condition, plus I have all the stock parts too. Traded in my 2013 458 Spider with 1600 miles for it and never looked back!!!!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
:cheers

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
H
e
r
i
t
a
g
e

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
tony pm me
im in......

Tomcat

GT Owner
I bought it!!! amazing car...whipple supercharger, FR exhaust, short shifter...perfect in every way!!!I just drove it down PCH yesterday.....everybody taking pictures and trying to race me!!! LOL
it really is in perfect condition, plus I have all the stock parts too. Traded in my 2013 458 Spider with 1600 miles for it and never looked back!!!!

I'd like to hear a comparison of the 458 vs GT...after you've had time to get settled in the GT.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Awesome!! Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics

Red Ace

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2009
Pacific Palisades, CA

Congratulations I live in Pacific Palisades and office in Malibu on PCH across from Nobu

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I'll send my finders fee invoice ;)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats Tony.

Vince H

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Tony - which of your 4 cars do you enjoy driving the most?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
458 to GT trades will be more common

Bloom is off rose; esp with multitude of ltd. / speciale editions

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
Ford GT...it is a very special car. I have had Porsche 997 GT2, Lambo Gallardo, 458 Spider, GTR, Mercedes SL 63 AMG, Audi R8.
The reaction with FGT is different. When you drive a 458 people look at you and say "douche". When you drive FGT people look at you and say "wow, look at that guy in the race car"!
very special...i almost bought a FGT back in 2010 for 159K but my neighbor talked me out of it, he has 2 Carrera GT's....go figure
I haven't really settled in with the car but so far I can tell I have something very different and special in front of my hands when I drive it.

tony

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Enjoy!

Take a look at new owner FAQs and warm up those tires when outside temps are below 60, for first 15-30min on early AM PCH drives

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
458 to GT trades will be more common

Bloom is off rose; esp with multitude of ltd. / speciale editions

You crack me up Kayvan. Have you driven a 458? It's really not as bad as you think……yes very different driving experience compared to FGT, but a very enjoyable car to drive.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Never driven, never will.

I just look at it and it's not pretty. An exotic car
has to look good, it's an obvious necessity.

People raved up and down about 360, Scud, 430 values trumping GTs. Go read flame wars on F'chat from 04-10 when they finally gave up. 458 will end up in same place.

Ferrari has a "not gorgeous" problem; it's most recent body designers worked for Acura (google it).

The market agrees with me as this trade shows and 458 as values drop monthly.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Ferrari has a "not gorgeous" problem; it's most recent body designers worked for Acura (google it).

Agreed,

Having grown up a die hard Ferrari fan, the new cars just don't do it for me any more.

Now I understand why the new cars have the Japanese Angry Insect on Steroids look.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Never driven, never will.

has to look good, it's an obvious necessity.

People raved up and down about 360, Scud, 430 values trumping GTs. Go read flame wars on F'chat from 04-10 when they finally gave up. 458 will end up in same place.

The market agrees with me as this trade shows and 458 as values drop monthly.

Looks, of course are pretty subjective. IMO the 458 is one of the nicer looking recent ferraris. Having said that, it is definitely not as timeless as the GT. Values, of course, have less to do with the above than they do with production numbers and the next new model being available. This is why you have to pay a 100% markup to buy a La Ferrari. This is what explains the Enzo and F40 prices..not the design.

Anyways…..for a guy that likes variety so much, I think you should drive one and see for yourself! :wink

btw- what's the problem with hiring designers who worked for Acura? What did Camilo design before the FGT?

Tomcat

GT Owner

As an NSX owner...this is a selling point to me. :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Looks, of course are pretty subjective. IMO the 458 is one of the nicer looking recent ferraris.

btw- what's the problem with hiring designers who worked for Acura? What did Camilo design before the FGT?

458 looks great from some angles, has weirdness from others. Never liked the catfish whiskers. But there is no arguing that it is simply one of the most fun road cars to drive hard. Ever. Period.

I'll dig through my files and post up the very earliest Ford GT concept clays. They were horrible and legitimately looked like a poorly done NSX. Not kidding. If that had made it to the NAIAS in 2002, the car and this website would definitely not exist.