Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Gray - looks good with Quicksilver.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Blk calipers w/ BBS wheels.... on Blk/ Slvr car - matches all the way around!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Grey - with Tungsten. I lilke subtle, classy and uniformity as well.

As for those who wish the calipers were branded Brembo, if you are coming to the Detroit party, talk with the suspension engineers who had knock-down, drag-out fights with the design team on this very topic. The suspension guys wanted either Brembo or the Ford logo on the calipers, but the Design team would have nothing of it. Their position was it detracted from the overall impact and asthetics of the car. And the Design team most usually always held the trump card. Just FYI because it was a hotly debated internal topic.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Personally, I think the "look at me" red calipers look naked without a logo. I can understand why Ford didn't want to put any Italian company "advertising" on the car, but then again, this decision allows for us to differentiate our cars from one another. I don't know how the decals will hold up over time but for $6 for 5 decals, who gives a crap. To each his own.
Brembo.JPG

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I like it!!! You got my vote :thumbsup How about gettin some decals in negative and then paint the logo on there???

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I have gray, but I'd rather have red. I could slap the idiot that ordered my car and paid $750 to paint the calipers a boring color that looks no better than black would have!

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
nota4re said:
Personally, I think the "look at me" red calipers look naked without a logo. I can understand why Ford didn't want to put any Italian company "advertising" on the car, but then again, this decision allows for us to differentiate our cars from one another. I don't know how the decals will hold up over time but for $6 for 5 decals, who gives a crap. To each his own.
Brembo.JPG

Looks great!! I am going to do that as well.

PS Thank you for the help today...I appreciate it greatly.

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
yes, i agree, the red calipers look naked without the logo, it is a compliment to the calipers.
maybe i am just used to always seeing the calipers on ferraris with the logo, either way i am going to give them a try. it is recomended to spray engine enamel clear coat over the decals after install.

ge

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
And I DO like the logo. Most other cars have logos. My Vipers, Porsche, and Lambo all had somehting written on them.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I already have a Hi res of the brembo logo. I just have to hook up my vinyl cutter so I can cut a stencil, like 101 suggested. That way I can paint it on like OEM brembo calipers. I see nothing wrong with it as long as the brakes are Brembo, which they are.
I will try to cut extras if I can get my cutter going. Anyone that wants one can have one for free. :biggrin

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
brembo decals

Where do you get the brembo decals at?

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
got mine from rich on ebay, set of 6, he says they are good to over 300 degrees, 7.99 + 2.00 for shipping. he has them in 4.2 inch and 3.5 inch long, i got a set of each to see which looks best. one of my local customers with a heritage gt wants a set put on also. napa sells spray clear hi temp engine enamal to go over paint decal or stickey decal. thought i would give it a try. ge

Item number: 300008259456 link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brem...56QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
Originally Posted by nota4re

dif strokes for dif folks, i think the red claipers look good on nota4re's gt. :cheers

You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
- doc

my dog aibo has never touched a scrap of food........ :wink

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Which size did you feel looked best?

(My dog "Boomer" has room temperature IQ. He cannot be trusted in the same world with people food.)

- doc

GTF-40

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2006
columbus, ohio
i think i am going to put the 4.25 inch decals on, i think they would look good as the calipers are pretty big. i will post some pics next week when they go on....ge

i just have to keep aibo away from the batteries

Attachments

• brembo0.JPG
    brembo0.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 93
  • brembo1.JPG
    brembo1.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 93
  • brembo2.JPG
    brembo2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 88
  • brembo3.JPG
    brembo3.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 88

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
GTF-40 said:
got mine from rich on ebay, set of 6, he says they are good to over 300 degrees, 7.99 + 2.00 for shipping. he has them in 4.2 inch and 3.5 inch long, i got a set of each to see which looks best. one of my local customers with a heritage gt wants a set put on also. napa sells spray clear hi temp engine enamal to go over paint decal or stickey decal. thought i would give it a try. ge

Item number: 300008259456 link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brembo-Brake-Caliper-Decals-Stickers-kit-logo-30-Colors_W0QQitemZ300008259456QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for that! I just ordered some dark blue ones to put on my gray calipers.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
brake stickers

yeah thanks for the info!

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
centerpunch said:

Now that Brembo paint kit is the way to go! Great find.

- Bill

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
FFCobra said:
Now that Brembo paint kit is the way to go! Great find.

- Bill
I agree with Bill, as 300 degrees tolerance for the stickers is not enough. The calipers can easily exceed that temperature IMHO.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
brake color

When I configured my car, I deliberately chose gunpowder gray. I had red calipers on the first (red) Ferrari, but since then chose black, even on the red Stradale.
People here always laugh when they see a Porsche with red calipers, like, hey, couldn't afford a Ferrari..
Looks like Red is pretty much a reserved color in Italy. Given the sensitivity of the GT (that even some gate guards at Ferrari factory mistake for a Ferrari, but that's a Rob Gierkink story), I wouldn't feel comfortable with red calipers on the blue car. Grey let's the standard wheel stand out real nice! On the BBS light wheight, I could imagine red however. But as posted here, without a painted marking on it (that should be Ford GT, not Brembo, IMHO), it looks like someone did it in cooperation with homedepot.

Stefan