Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Anybody try one of these?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nope, but it looks big to me and punching my mirror to change things might be a negative too. With that said I'd like to see one installed in something to test.

John

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There's another thread about this mirror.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I can't see the pic for some reason, but if it's like the ones my buddy sells, they look a bit too big and intrusive for the GT interior IMHO.

EDIT: yeah I can see it now, didn't know it was Youtube vid, I have to bypass some filtering to view in the office. Definitely same size as the ones my buddy sells.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Certainly an option however the mirror combination is large

Soon folks the doube din setup will be presented by my friend and yours; Kip.

It is so very close and with it will be many additional features; hard drive based touch screen NAV, video, BT, XM/Sirrus, iPod, Gracenote music library on the hard drive so that you wil only insert any given CD once as it will record and store them from that point on and more.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Graceland music library on the hard drive

Bill...did you mean "gracenote" or will your setup only play Elvis tunes? :biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
Bill...did you mean "gracenote" or will your setup only play Elvis tunes? :biggrin

LOL yes; I was tired

Takes care

Shadowman

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

Soon folks the DD setup will be present by my friend and yours; Kip.

It is so very close and with it will be many additional features; hard drive based touch screen NAV, video, BT, XM/Sirrus, iPod, Gracenote music library on the hard drive so that you wil only insert any given CD once as it will record and store them from that point on and more.

Takes care

Shadowman

Looking for to the double din. Keep it coming.:thumbsup
John

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Wouldn't these be illegal in some states? Drove an Expedition at the dealership the other day and put the car in reverse and all the sudden a digital screen embedded in the mirror itself popped up and showed me a range scale and everything behind me. It was a good thing to because it was parked in a tight spot on the lot lol.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Soon folks the DD setup will be present by my friend and yours; Kip.

Now that would be most interesting interesting indeed. Talk about teching up the GT. A DD nav/BT/camera/etc unit would be very cool indeed. Will keep an eye out for kips efforts there. Mind you I still have to digest the next set of CF parts he's got on the way to me soon (yikes!).

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
Maybe a crazy idea but developing a heads-up display reflecting off the windshield would be, well cooler than something really cool. Enough volume to justify the design if developed for all cars and not just the GT. Controls added to the steering wheel could be convenient.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA

Soon folks the doube din setup will be presented by my friend and yours; Kip.

Takes care

Shadowman

CF Double Din Bill???!!! OMG, that'd make our JVC Navs obsolete.