Rear Facia Warpage

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Ever seen this? Just noticed that a portion of the bottom edge of the rear facia has warped. S**t! Still have four months of warranty left, but just dread taking the car to the local Ford dealer for warranty repair. Any suggestions on a course of action.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 250

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Haven't seen it before. Have seen where the rear bumper "line" is not completely parallel to the fascia from left to right.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Make sure all of the attachment points are tight,, The fascias can come loose and move around.. Ask the GT Guys,,

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
I wish it was as simple as the facia panel moving around. Unfortunately the panel lower edge is actually disformed/warped.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Haven't seen that before. It looks from the picture you still have the stock exhaust correct?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ive seen it before. If I am correct, its very light warpping. I would not mess with it. Just my $.02

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I read that as "war page" at first on the thread :lol glad that its only warping.

I've seen that on a couple of cars... mostly 05's if memory serves me correctly and higher (more than 2000) miles. All had stock exhaust and no spacer between license plate and grill.

Put a couple of spacers (or nuts) between the plate and the grill to help get the heat out of the back end. Fixing it .... probably new rear part (call the GT guys about it).

Myself .. I'd just leave it as part of the Patina (as Shadowman calls it) of use. Change the exhaust and enjoy. Every pretty lady has her quirks that we grow to love as part of the total package.

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Stopck exhaust and have spacers behind plate.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
I read that as "war page" at first on the thread :lol glad that its only warping.

I've seen that on a couple of cars... mostly 05's if memory serves me correctly and higher (more than 2000) miles. All had stock exhaust and no spacer between license plate and grill.

Put a couple of spacers (or nuts) between the plate and the grill to help get the heat out of the back end. Fixing it .... probably new rear part (call the GT guys about it).

Myself .. I'd just leave it as part of the Patina (as Shadowman calls it) of use. Change the exhaust and enjoy. Every pretty lady has her quirks that we grow to love as part of the total package.

This is what I'm thinking too. May want to space the plate even further away and if you track the car make sure you remove the plate to let the max amount of heat to be removed. It seems like something that would happen with stock exhaust cars only. I guess I don't see alot of those :wink

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I can't remember where mine was since it was back when I first bought it...but at Rally I we noticed something like that and since we were at Saleen they offered to fix it on the spot...I seem to remember a tech using some foul language for about an hour to get 1 screw in that was missed at assembly...They almost had to remove the whole rear end to get to it

Check to see if any screws are missing....it will look like the fascia has warped.

Matt