rear bumper cover

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
What's the easiest way to just remove the rear bumper cover. Does it snap off after pulling the exhaust trim or do you have to pull all the phillips fasteners on the backside?

Thanks!

Last edited:

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Remove all the little screws and basically snap it off. I would use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm it up a little first.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
The little screws - that's what I wanted to know - thanks!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You really need to remove the lower belly pan also. I just removed mine yesterday. Not hard, but take a little while.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, I thought we were talking about the bumper. I was talking about the part a lot of people remove and the cover that goes over it. When I removed my cover I had the bumper off the car. That should make it even easier, 8 bolts.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, I thought we were talking about the bumper. I was talking about the part a lot of people remove and the cover that goes over it. When I removed my cover I had the bumper off the car. That should make it even easier, 8 bolts.

Just the bumper cover - has a small scratch that will bug me and I don't want to break the paint on the 8 large bolts holding the assembly to the frame rails if I don't need to do so. The bumper cover needs to come off and my question was how to remove it without removing the entire assembly if possible. Sorry for the confusion.