rattles/vibration

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
The rattle that I have sounds like it's coming from the shifter.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
quick time said:
Abolfaz: I would also like to know which clip. Not to hijack this thead but can you tell me if you prefer your GT to your 6.0?

Well, the GT now has 5300 miles, even with all the rattlesnake noises, I'm using it as a daily driver. Here's a picture of the odometer of the 6.0, it should answer your question (remember its km's)...

Attachments

• odometer (Medium).JPG
    odometer (Medium).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 234

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
abolfaz said:
Well, the GT now has 5300 miles, even with all the rattlesnake noises, I'm using it as a daily driver. Here's a picture of the odometer of the 6.0, it should answer your question (remember its km's)...

I am guessing that your not driving the 6.0 to keep its resale value intact. I also imagine that you are not able to make a comparison between the two due to putting so few miles on the 6.0. It would be a big temptation for me to drive the 6.0 especially if I had to look at it often. thanks for the reply.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
quick time said:
I am guessing that your not driving the 6.0 to keep its resale value intact. I also imagine that you are not able to make a comparison between the two due to putting so few miles on the 6.0. It would be a big temptation for me to drive the 6.0 especially if I had to look at it often. thanks for the reply.

It is amazing how many Lambo owners have made the switch or have added the GT to their collection.

Every time I drive my Gt I am pleased.

Quick Time, your expectations are very high, nothing wrong with that,
my Volvo V70R has never had one issue of any kind... come to think of it, neither has my GT. :biggrin

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
bony said:
It is amazing how many Lambo owners have made the switch or have added the GT to their collection.

Every time I drive my Gt I am pleased.

I sold my Gallardo after having the GT for a couple of months. I never want to park the thing!

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
abolfaz said:
Which clip?

The white one towards the bottom of the picture.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyoe know the part number for that clip? I was at a Ford dealer trying to order a new one today and they can't find the part number.

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
observation about vibration- only when motor warm

on my 05, I noticed mild vibration at about 2000rpm only occurs after motor reaches operating temp. absolutely no vibraton under roughly 140 degrees.vibration occurs in every gear or in neutral,clutch in or out.had opportunity to test 06 on showroom floor- same thing- no vibration when first started but came on as motor warmed up. I assumed this vibration was quirk of car but now wondering if only few cars do this? I have read about every thread re vibration on here but never saw mention about only happening at operating temp. I cannot pinpoint location of sound as seems to be common. Any others have similar finding?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
xraygt said:
on my 05, I noticed mild vibration at about 2000rpm only occurs after motor reaches operating temp. absolutely no vibraton under roughly 140 degrees.vibration occurs in every gear or in neutral,clutch in or out.had opportunity to test 06 on showroom floor- same thing- no vibration when first started but came on as motor warmed up. I assumed this vibration was quirk of car but now wondering if only few cars do this? I have read about every thread re vibration on here but never saw mention about only happening at operating temp. I cannot pinpoint location of sound as seems to be common. Any others have similar finding?

First off welcome to the site. This item is in many threads and your best option is to use the search feature of the forum. In this thread alone there are four - five items discussed.... Face it, the car is a race car and has it's own quirks.... Love it, drive it and enjoy it....

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
If I were you I would send my car to Saleen and have them go over everything. Now that they are factory authorized to do repairs, and since they know the car inside and out, that would be my first choice for fixing anything major.

Anyone know if the Irvine, CA location of Saleen offers any support/service to Ford GT owners?

H

HHGT

Anyone know if the Irvine, CA location of Saleen offers any support/service to Ford GT owners?

Randy, that question was asked of Steve Saleen when we saw him at the Cars & Coffee event couple of weeks ago. He said absoultely. If you need help with any rattles, I've gotten rid of all of mine.

Sam

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Well I have been hearing this rattling/vibration when I close my door, trunk lid, clam. I thought it was just normal. But after trying some others I realized it was not.

I had my son open and shut stuff so I could track it down. It sounded like it was coming from the passenger fender area. It' hard to tell doing it by yourself.

I tracked it down to the Headlight Assy. When I tap the top of it with the palm of my hand you can see the inner assy vibrating. It does not do this on the other side.

I checked the manual and it says, remove fender liner, remove washer pump or charcoal can remove the bracket mounting nuts and it should drop down. OK, from the drawings it looks as though there is nothing I could tighen that would stop the problem, except maybe the bracket, which seams to look like a shelf the assy sit on. The inner assy is loose inside the housing.

Has anyone had one out ?. Do you know if there is some way to tighen the inner housing to the larger housing ?. Any dealer work for this one?. Thought I woud ask before I tear into it.

Ps: on another note, reeading on ,it says the whole assy must be replaced as there is no bulb for the HID lighitng. I knida expected that.

But the funny part it that is says if you remove the Rear Taillight, you must replace the whole thing as the nuts will not re-attach. I hope that is not true.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Almost

I had posted into an earlier thread on the simple headlamp adjustment. The manual had me going through the same process including removing the splash guards. I followed the instructions only to find a small opening under the hood giving access to the adjusting screw; but it was good practice and a learning lesson. Collapsing the splash guard and carefully wiggling it out will be the greatest challenge, but can be done; then the hardware and headlamp fixture should be accessible.

Good luck, and you'll also need to get a handful of the plastic pins and plastic rivets that hold the liner in place. Some will break. Also, I can't recall if the manual mentions it but removing the diffuser might be a good starting point.

Pete S.