Rattle from steering column

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
Anybody experience this....going over bumps on tighter turns, more so on right sided manuvers..feel a rattle through the steering wheel..thought I read somewhere that this was also a flaw..anybody familiar with the cause or fix?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I recommend that you check your lug nuts for proper torque.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Yes, I experienced this to a large degree on the track at Sebring which is a very bumpy track. Have not felt it on the street, but it was a very disconcerting feel for a car that is otherwise super tight. No ideas what it can be.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Check out TSB 04-25-3

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
My 2006 does the same thing on the street. Light rattle over certain bumps. I have not fully looked into it yet. I tried moving the steering wheel to a different position and it seemed to go away but now the view of the gauges is compromised. So, might be something in the tilt mechanism.

GT Charlie

Jun 23, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Tsb 04-25-3

TSB 04-25-3 is superseded by TSB 05-11-6.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Where did you guys get the TSB's?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

I did. There isn't a link to the actual TSB. Just the header.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I did. There isn't a link to the actual TSB. Just the header.

No pdf links?

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I don't think this TSB is the answer. I can actually feel the clunking as much if not more than hear a rattle. Feels like a loose steering rack or too much play in the rack.

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
I'm also experiencing the feeling through the steering wheel as well. I was reading something about a wiring harness that could be contacting the column itself with the fix being to move the harness and tie down again..but it does feel like a looseness in the rack..tough one..going to the dealer for some idle stalling..will update any information on this as well. Killer car with some minor bugs to workout..Always an informative forum for everything GT..

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Early '06 has always rattled apparently through the steering column, particularly on the Freeway cruising with grooves at normal speed accentuated by heavy surface usage of freeways by semi's etc. in SoCal.

What's the frequency Arnold ??

Only remedy that I know of is to surpass the speed limit and crank up the volume :lol