Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Admiring my Rally II poster here in my office tonight...getting ready to frame it for the 'GT Garage'....then a thought comes to me ....what did I do with the Poster from Rally I in Detroit? Did I lose it? I can't recall framing it and it is surely not in the garage..?
Question...did we get posters last year??
AJB

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nope. We gave out a bunch of posters, but they were stock Ford stuff. The double-sided red car/white car one, the blue centennial one...nothing event only.

This will be a tradition. I had Steve destroy every copy not earmarked for shipping. If you weren't there, you ain't gettin one!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, no posters. SuperB made some extra canvas banners that he sold by order. We do have posters from Imdy.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<We do have posters from Indy>>

Hmmm....anybody want to trade my extra 12"x24" all-weather vinyl banner of GT Rally II for the Indy GT poster?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
<<We do have posters from Indy>>

Hmmm....anybody want to trade my extra 12"x24" all-weather vinyl banner of GT Rally II for the Indy GT poster?

Contact Trent at Trent@signcraftdigital.com
I am sure he can produce one for you with a red one as the center stage car!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
If you would like , i think i have 2 or 3 left bony ,vypt. from indy , the poster size. I would gladly mail one out to both. Hey dbk did you have one set aside for me :biggrin if not i can swap with vypt. thanks gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
12"x24" vinyl Banner, where did you get that?

I remember lithographs and canvas banners, but there wasn't anything 12x24 and nothing vinyl at all.

Was there some super secret special vinyl giveaway that I missed? Oh, those only went to GT drivers right, no Hummers allowed :banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd prefer nobody swap if they didn't go. It says "participant" for a reason. :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think what they are referring to is that Super B made a downloadable banner available for Rally II........ >>>> ??????? <<<<<

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Contact Trent at Trent@signcraftdigital.com
I am sure he can produce one for you with a red one as the center stage car!

:thumbsup sure can - let me know.

:cheers

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Dave - thanks for the info

Dave - good 'control'. I agree.. Thanks - thought I had just misplaced mine from last year..
May see you on Woodward.
Andy
AJB

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
UUUMMM i think i was just trying to help :willy gtjoey 1314

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
OK

You did help...I was just trying to clarify if I had missed anything from last year..
ps - we did miss you at Newport Beach..
AJB

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd prefer nobody swap if they didn't go. It says "participant" for a reason. :wink

How about the poor saps - like me - who paid, but due to circumstances beyond ones control, did not attend....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How about the poor saps - like me - who paid, but due to circumstances beyond ones control, did not attend....

Will send.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
How about this.

A collection of rally posters neatly framed and strategically placed in my garage is most satisfying. As you have mentioned these posters will become a tradition, that leaves a glaring hole with the missing poster for Rally #1. Do you think Camillo would allow one of his images to be used in a limited way so that we could make up a poster available to participants of Rally #1 only? Those desiring such a poster would order and pay up front so that no cash outlay need be made by whoever put's this together. Once those participants of Rally #1 have ordered and paid the posters could be made up and shipped out. If this was available how many participants of Rally #1 would like one? Is this a good idea, or more trouble than it's worth? The poster for Rally #2 is outstanding!!! :thumbsup What do you think?

Chip

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I think it's kinda silly to make a poster a year later and declare it as official, but if something like that is to be done, a Camilo that existed prior to Rally I should be used, the Gulf Girl is a great choice, that original was even at Camilo's studio during the rally! I guess it's a bit different that the 'Gulf Girl' listed on camilopardo.com, not sure the difference.

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Chip,

I think that is a phenomenal idea!! I know that I would feel great about purchasing one or two official event posters (even if they are a "little late"), and I would think most of the other Rally #1 participants would love this as well!

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
OK!

Chip...I would surely buy one...assuming a fair price../ proceeds to charity.
andy
AJB

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
the Gulf Girl is a great choice

Agree - send her to me to hang on my wall

Status
Not open for further replies.