Rally Hotel update part 2

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Monday I will be at the Ritz to meet and attempt to secure parking arrangements. The volume of trailers we have will exceed the capacity of the Ritz parking lot. Therefore, we'll have to secure adjacent parking in the Fairlane Center. I'm trying to get a situation where the cars are partitioned seperately from all other parking.

If you can imagine, the hotel is on the edge of a large circular drive that goes around Fairlane Town Center, with a number of resteraunts, Ford Motor Company facilities, and other various offices also on the edge. The mall is in the middle. The additional parking would be in a lot either to the side of the Ritz or in the middle section. If I at all feel the distance is too far or we can't adequately see the trailers (even though we can arrange nighttime security for the cars), we'll move on from there.

Thanks for your patience. If we can't secure a parking scenario everyone is comfortable with, we can make arrangements at the Hyatt down the street instead.

:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
Monday I will be at the Ritz to meet and attempt to secure parking arrangements. The volume of trailers we have will exceed the capacity of the Ritz parking lot. Therefore, we'll have to secure adjacent parking in the Fairlane Center. I'm trying to get a situation where the cars are partitioned seperately from all other parking.

If you can imagine, the hotel is on the edge of a large circular drive that goes around Fairlane Town Center, with a number of resteraunts, Ford Motor Company facilities, and other various offices also on the edge. The mall is in the middle. The additional parking would be in a lot either to the side of the Ritz or in the middle section. If I at all feel the distance is too far or we can't adequately see the trailers (even though we can arrange nighttime security for the cars), we'll move on from there.

Thanks for your patience. If we can't secure a parking scenario everyone is comfortable with, we can make arrangements at the Hyatt down the street instead.

:cheers

Has anyone thought about some sort of windshield banner, the type to goes from edge to edge that could be lettered with our vin# and perhaps our forum name or real name that could be easily removed after the rally. I bet if someone drew up a template there would be companies that would be glad to underwrite the cost. Makers Mark Bourbon comes to mind. Joey, Dave?
Make finding our cars easier and a great publicity shot for the sponsor, or perhaps Ford will be happy to do this for us?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
that's a great idea, guess it's a bit late for it now.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
RITZ - GT PARKING?

DBK, while on the subject of parking. We need to make sure that the space allotted for parking our cars at the Ritz Carlton is sufficient to allow us to space the cars out so that we can open the doors. PD

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's an underground garage. Valet service will be available but I let them know that they would, in all likelihood, be going for ridealongs as the key holder into the garage rather than driving them. I believe the space was for 80 cars, and they onlly have 64 on the list officially...hmm...

Old thread!

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
DBK said:
It's an underground garage. Valet service will be available but I let them know that they would, in all likelihood, be going for ridealongs as the key holder into the garage rather than driving them. I believe the space was for 80 cars, and they onlly have 64 on the list officially...hmm...

Old thread!

Do we have to give them the keys, think it would be better if they just let us park the cars. My 2 cents.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hey, don't be a kill joy, let the damn valets have a little fun :biggrin