Rally 9 - Who's Arriving - When?

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Well I mean he can park it in valet, not let the valet drive it. It'll be in the underground parking at least.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Surely, you jest, Rob.

Better tell my liver that cause I'm going to start the process of pickling myself on Sunday.

Don't burn out on the opening acts Ed. The headliner starts on Monday baby!

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hope you guys will keep your shirts on at the pool. Unless you have been pre-approved by Dr Frank and/or double pirate eye patches have been issued. And a defibrillator is nearby.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Pre-game Vince, pre-game. :)

Don't burn out on the opening acts Ed. The headliner starts on Monday baby!

Vince H

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks Rob.
As I understand we'll have a roped off underground GT's parking only location and I'm hoping a few owners/GT's will already be parked in it on Sat for my car to blend in with. If not I'll just continue on towing it into So Cal and then back (@55mph with aggressive angry greenie A-holes all around me LOL).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If it's the same as Rally III, the GT's will have their own parking garage - it has an entrance off the side of the main garage (3rd floor, as I remember) with a guard posted there.

View attachment 35449

View attachment 35450
(That must be Frank's Flex in the 2nd picture)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I will never forget at rally 3 when I pulled into the parking garage and saw a 100 Ford GT’s.It was simply breath taking.The excitment of seeing that many was beyond compare! Plus everyone was hanging out in the parking garage!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Same set up this year.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Nice :)

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
I'll be arriving Saturday around lunchtime. Would be great to catch with old friends and make some new ones before the main event :)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Hey Steven-- Margaret and I arrive on Saturday mid day also.... lets look for each other..... :):)
andy (AJB)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is anyone arriving Saturday morning? Come on down to the Cars and Coffee.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Susan and I will be arriving Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Magic

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Plan on being there midday Tuesday.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Sunday late night
or
Monday mid- morning

HOPEFULLY

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Shooting for Mon afternoon arrival... And here is why :(
I was planning on driving the GT from So Cal to Vegas on Mon afternoon but the A/C decided to go south on me. The culprit was the punctured A/C condenser from rock chips. No big deal, I figure a few days would be enough to get it fixed. Wrong. The part is on nationwide back order til mid next week and the dealer swears punctured can't be repaired only replaced. Luckily Cooltech came to the rescue and Ryan is working hard at it to get them repaired but we won't know for sure 'til later this week. If it gets fixed in time I'll be driving the GT to Vegas on Mon afternoon if not then I'm having her shipped because there is no way in hell I'm driving to Vegas without A/C. I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping Ryan pulls some magic and repairs it in time. My first rally attend and hope my luck gets better from here on.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fall temperatures Greg-TT. Wear a pair of shorts, lower the windows & pick up the speed: it'll only be the 80s! Sweater weather in Vegas!

Ed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 5.23.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 5.23.13 AM.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 121

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Fall temperatures Greg-TT. Wear a pair of shorts, lower the windows & pick up the speed: it'll only be the 80s! Sweater weather in Vegas!

Ed

+1
Bring the car no matter what.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Greg - OK, when you are posting at 1:38am in the morning you definitely have Ford GT addictions issues.... which is not necessarily a bad thing! LOL

To be clear, we were taking a shot at the A/C - hoping like hell that the dealer was wrong and that the leak was either at an area where we have seen it before or at the compressor. Early diagnosis (with the pans off the car) is that maybe the dealer was right with their diagnosis. Drats! We are currently evac'g the system as it was completely void of any charge at all. Our only remaining hope is that leak is very small and that a common sealant might have an opportunity to fix it. Frankly I'm not real confident but we might as well give this a try as the labor alone in replacing the condensor is non-trivial. (The nose of the car must come off.) Ford should have an update to me today regarding the anticipated availability of a condensor but this is not likely to be in the cards for this week. :( We're doing our best but 2/80 AC looks like it is most likely outcome. (2 windows down at 80mph.)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I rarely drive windows up & air on. I love the sound of the GT & the air flow with the car is such that it doesn't blow you away.

Ed