Rally 9 Thanks!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This was my first rally and let me tell you that I was really impressed.

My highlights

The organizational effort that went into this were simply amazing.

Thanks to Ed Sims for organizing the pre-rally drives. We've been coming to the Vegas area for something like 18 years and had never seen any of these places. It was nice to be a tourist. I will be going back to Valley Of Fire for a sunrise shot some morning.

The organized evening socials were really good. It was so cool to be able to put faces to the names and have some really nice chats with everyone.

The food was great! The steak on Friday night simply melted in my mouth.

The chance to talk with the team that brought these cars is a treasured moment.

Camilo's debriefing on the Motor City Masters was very interesting. And his drawing on the back of my badge will be framed!

The track time was superb. I'd never been to Spring Mountain either and the twists and turns and elevation changes made it a very fun drive. My final run with Gary Patterson as my post rally instructor was a highlight. We'd talked over the past few years about doing this and we finally got the chance - he for a shot at driving a Ford GT and me to have a really good driver behind the wheel.

I know that Dave spends enormous energy on this and now I see what it really involves and how much of a workload it is. It is greatly appreciated by all.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
DBK and his helpers are indeed the man :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks Again Dave and everyone who worked So hard putting this even together. IT WAS FIRST CLASS in every way as all have been. Those who didn't come or who have never made a Rally think about next year in Detroit, I guarantee you will never have any more fun with your clothes on and your foot down than these Rally's. If you come to one you'll come to all just to be with true Friends and Fine GT's. Can't say enough, Dave your #1. PS. It is great that Stephen joined us at this Rally. He is a great asset to this Forum and we're glad that was able to attend. I think all members are glad Stephen is part of this group. His pictures are excellent. I would encourage any member or non member to purchase his Matech Collector Series Multi-Volume books as they are a true credit to the history of our Ford GT'S. I personally think his work will be highly valued in the future. Tomy & Sue Hamon- THamonGT

Last edited:

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Great Rally Dave !!! Many thanks for all of your hard work and skills. See you in Detroit 2015 :rofl:rofl Alex & Mimo

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Definitely, had a great time, especially the track

If you offer 2 track days at Detroit I might make it

Absolutely Positively 100% IN for Europe 2016 w 1 or 2 GTs

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Definitely, had a great time, especially the track

If you offer 2 track days at Detroit I might make it

Absolutely Positively 100% IN for Europe 2016 w 1 or 2 GTs

So I was a little preoccupied talking with a few other people and didn't get the whole thing about the Europe way thing. Can we get a subgroup dedicated to it? It sounds great but need a lot more info

Ps. The video Steven did was a really good production I was so captivated with the video that I didn't see the pitch

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Rally number two for Susan and I and we just buzz for days after. The GT's are what brings us together but it's the incredible people that make it a must make event. Had the time of our lives in Sonoma and again in Vegas. Counting down until Motor City. Thank you Dave and all the build team that share their time and stories with us.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fun on the road & track! I especially enjoyed visiting with all my friends that I sometimes only have the chance to see once a year.

Thanks DBK!

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fantastic as they all have been! Thanks so much for putting this all together! Also be sure to extend thanks to Steve a, and floridahochris, as they had a lot to do with some of the preplanning as well. Probably others too. Well done Dave!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Video Steven showed was not very understandable as the sound was terrible in the room. I would like to see it again although "I'm In". Discussion afterwards with Dave and Steven was good but I would like to see the presentation again. Tomy

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tommy seeing you and Sue is tops on my list!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Megadittos to Dave, and the GT Guys. I had a great time, and Dave put together a great venue and schedule as usual. The three of them help as I had one little problem in restarting my car in Pahrump after filling up post track time. It was late in the day and I called Dave and within 10 mins the GT Guys showed up to make sure I was running and roadworthy for the trip back to Las Vegas. Also, the trophy for Original GT was a shock and totally unexpected....sort of the maraschino cherry on my ice cream. Looking forward to Rally 10!!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Many thanks Dave and crew. Although anyone who wears jingly shoes is a bit suspect. Perhaps you may want to give these a whirl for R10?

XMS093.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just got home late last night !! Thanks Dave & Franchesca and all the sponsers and supporters.. I had many special moments !! I was great to see many old friends and to meet some new ones.. Looking forward to next year!! I hope we can find a track or an airstrip next year !! :biggrin:biggrin