Rally 8 framed and on the wall

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gary how did michaels mount your canvas? Do you know specifics? They want to stretch mine and don't see any other god way to do it. Don't want to lose content around the edges.

Ed, The canvas was stapled to a wood strip frame that fit inside a custom cut frame. Very careful measurements and precise cuts. Alternatively, the canvas could be glued to matboard and framed. Either way it's a challenge to keep from losing content. My guy was meticulous, and he couldn't see how to do a wrap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed, The canvas was stapled to a wood strip frame that fit inside a custom cut frame. Very careful measurements and precise cuts. Alternatively, the canvas could be glued to matboard and framed. Either way it's a challenge to keep from losing content. My guy was meticulous, and he couldn't see how to do a wrap.

Thanks Gary! Doing mine this way except also putting a double matte around the edges. Even with stretching it on a wood frame, they can't guarantee a little content won't be lost at the corners. Hoping for the best.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks Gary! Doing mine this way except also putting a double matte around the edges. Even with stretching it on a wood frame, they can't guarantee a little content won't be lost at the corners. Hoping for the best.

Hey ED how did this turn out??
gary

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
gary

Haven't received it back yet, Gary. Any day now.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
gary

Just picked mine up. Looks great. They were able to get right out to the edge and not lose any content. Although when I ordered it, I could have sworn I wanted it covered with glass. Anyone think this is necessary? It looks fine as is, but having glass up would afford some protection.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Ed that looks perfect, I think it's better without glass. Unless you get the non glare glass you can't get the full effect.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ed, Turned out great! This is such a cool piece of art. Especially since it's red. I'll bet white is coming soon. :)

Last edited: