As always a big thanks to DBK!
The year of 3 rallies for DBK!
Next year will seem like a breeze!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Great meeting most of you for the first time, and look forward to the next one! Shout out to the vegetarian getting us some BBQ!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I add our thanks to DBK for another great rally, and to the Four Texicans who put together the Road Rally. Also shout outs to Dr Frank and the Dickies for arranging our trip to Waco and Magnolia Markets and Jake's Tea House.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Great meeting most of you for the first time, and look forward to the next one! Shout out to the vegetarian getting us some BBQ!

Good to meet you and I liked how you got a little sideways on the way home next to that Camaro...lol

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks to DBK and all who played a part in organizing this great Rally - and great to meet all old and new friends :thumbsup:thumbsup:usa

Thanks for welcoming Mette into the group in such a positiv and friendly way ... apart from you Dr Frank who tried to steal her away :rofl:rofl

IMG_9885.jpg

Btw ... where can I find the agenda for Rally XII ..... I´d like to plan a little ahead :wink:lol:facepalm:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Me? It must have been some other dude in a cowboy hat.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Thanks to DBK and all who played a part in organizing this great Rally - and great to meet all old and new friends :thumbsup:thumbsup:usa

Thanks for welcoming Mette into the group in such a positiv and friendly way ... apart from you Dr Frank who tried to steal her away :rofl:rofl

View attachment 44087

Btw ... where can I find the agenda for Rally XII ..... I´d like to plan a little ahead :wink:lol:facepalm:

As a friend, I should have warned you. This also happened at Le Mans ~ there is a pattern, and it isn't the hair color of the girls either. :lol

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
As a friend, I should have warned you. This also happened at Le Mans ~ there is a pattern, and it isn't the hair color of the girls either. :lol

Another notch on his saddle

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
He's a pathologist. Makes a mean formaldehyde cocktail.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

So which ones weren't great to meet? I'm kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
How can I express gratitude for what happened? How?

DBK not only did all the.. whatever he does to make this happen.. he helped me personally with our hotel.

Chip setup the Fort Stockton meet... where they all waited for my tardy ass.

Frank the tank got me into a shop 30 minutes after I told him I hit a carcass... which is crazy how that happened, thought I was Chris (who needs a forum name change.). Chris was cool too.. despite the forum name. OXL0027.. or some shit. AustinPower is my vote.

Then Ed and Heidi. Ed is a magician. He pulled a bottle of wine from his pocket on demand.

Frank was an asshole. ;) Jack was tolerant of us.

Terry (both of them), Barry, Ron, Leah and Steve, Jeff, Jason (waldo I think), TX Mongrel, Oliver, Mark (I think), Shelby bros, Soroush, Camilo, LoveCHP, Triheart, Jim, Kim.... Ugh.. The self proclaimed rednecks that helped me park. I'm so awful with names. Ford, Raj, Joey, Dirk.

I'm still overwhelmed. I've listed less than I've met.

Suffice it to say... if you met a bald guy with wife I remember you, just not your name. We have the pics to prove it. Thank you!

How cool is this?

IMG_6454.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Heidi & I liked seeing you again Chris & Angie! The stickers were cool!

Ed

PS Always carry a bottle of red wine in your back pocket. You may never know when it may come in handy!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Heidi & I liked seeing you again Chris & Angie! The stickers were cool!

Ed

PS Always carry a bottle of red wine in your back pocket. You may never know when it may come in handy!
Ed,

I hope you were kidding when you said Chris and Angie. The rally is over and people are still confusing Steve with me (Chris). Steve, do me a favor and don't rob a bank to pay for your NFGT and pin it on me. I wouldn't do well in prison.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Got home last night around 5 from the 11th GT Family Reunion. Salute' to DBK and the Texas hooligans that put this event together.

Remembering Rally 1, it was all about the cars. Remembering Rally 11, it was all about the gals ands guys who were there. Car talk seemed to be limited the GT race program and of course the black hole of info on the new GT. It was all good to be able to visit and spend quality time with many so long time friends, meet (and re-meet) new friends, and sharing more than a few cocktails until late in the night.

My road trip was about 2400 miles in 4 days. 10 tanks of gasoline, luckily got the last motel room within 100 miles 2 nights in a row, hit a misplaced orange road barrel at speed in Utah (no damage), and over 1,000 miles of rain driving..West Texas, mostly wet and cloudy in all of New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon. Fortunately, I missed by a couple of hours and a few miles, two devastating tornado's in Texas and Utah. As usual, it's better to be real lucky than real good.

And the final 4 hours yesterday were sunny (at last) while driving on mostly twisty 2 lane highways in eastern Washington hill country. And the first topper of the day was driving 70 miles up the Naches River canyon. 70 miles of 2 lane very curvy roads, with 3,000' of elevation change….and not one car, truck, motorhome in the way for the whole time. I have never experienced no traffic on that road in 40 years of driving that highway. With normal traffic that's usually a 1.5 to 2 hour slog with very few turn outs along the way. With a "leisurely" but rapid pace I made it to the summit of Chinook Pass in an hour! And the next hour was spent driving through the north side of Mt. Rainier National Park. 100% 2 lane, 35 mph roads ( built by my grandfather and his buddies in the WPA in the 1930's) through the un-molested national forest, on the north side of the mountain. Again with No traffic for another 50 miles. Windows down, cool moist air,beautiful scenery, saw a few deer grazing in a meadow and one huge elk standing in one the many creeks along the way.

A truly wonderful and stress free final day.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Aren't you both Chris? Now one of you want to go by Steve. Ok Fenzo & Angie. And 07XL0027 needs a new forum name! LOL

Ed

Ed,

I hope you were kidding when you said Chris and Angie. The rally is over and people are still confusing Steve with me (Chris). Steve, do me a favor and don't rob a bank to pay for your NFGT and pin it on me. I wouldn't do well in prison.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Got home last night around 5 from the 11th GT Family Reunion. Salute' to DBK and the Texas hooligans that put this event together.
..........A truly wonderful and stress free final day.

Photos? Sounds like a great trip. How fast did you go in Colorado? LOL

Ed

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I drove back to Virginia on Monday/Tuesday, and spent Tuesday going from eastern Tennessee up I-81 into Virginia, the Shenandoah Valley, and then from Front Royal back to the DC area. Nice clear sunny day, and not too much traffic. But, driving through the Cascades, especially through Mt. Ranier National Park, is spectacular. Great drive, Jeff.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Ed,

Steve is the guy that cheated and won the rally.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Steve can you add an XI to you sig?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:wink