Rally 10 Transportation

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I have the pickup in Detroit after the Rally scheduled. Reliable already charged my card for the Detroit to NorCal fee of $1550.00.

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone else get charged yet? They haven't even asked for payment info from me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Are you sure they are coming to get your car? LOL They usually don't charge upfront but maybe its different for our group deal.

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
That's a good deal Ed. Glad the transportation arrangements are working out well from those traveling in.

DBK is doing a good job as is Reliable.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I was contacted for credit card info day before pickup by reliable

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Haven't used Reliable since Rally 7, but they didn't charge me until they delivered the car. No credit card, no deposit. Lots of reasons why you shouldn't pay until your car is safely delivered. For example, the truck may go over Cajon Pass.

CKKKxipUYAAdggs.jpg

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006

Just set mine up and offered credit card payment at that time which they took. Used them last year and was very happy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
And so it begins.....Loaded up this evening behind a Viper coming from Viper Exchange. See y'all in Detroit.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I would have requested a different truck...lulz

The truck I put my car on had some kinda covered up prototype car on it...unfortunately it wasn't the new GT.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
No word on PU yet but know there are a lot of trucks in California for the auctions

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Happy to be traveling with my kind of people/cars.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Got a call from Reliable Sunday saying he is in Florida doing pickups and will be in Atlanta Wednesday and heading on to Detroit. He was not sure if delivery was to the Henry or to Reliable's yard. Is parking available at the Henry that early?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Got a call from Reliable Sunday saying he is in Florida doing pickups and will be in Atlanta Wednesday and heading on to Detroit. He was not sure if delivery was to the Henry or to Reliable's yard. Is parking available at the Henry that early?

Gary, I'm in the same predicament. I was told that if the truck arrives early, they may have to offload the cars in the Reliable warehouse. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of my car going on and off transports multiple times. If you want to keep the car at the hotel before the 25th, you'll have to foot the bill for valet. Talk to Dave about holding your car at FGTF HQ if your car gets there before the 25th.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Gary, I'm in the same predicament. I was told that if the truck arrives early, they may have to offload the cars in the Reliable warehouse. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of my car going on and off transports multiple times. If you want to keep the car at the hotel before the 25th, you'll have to foot the bill for valet. Talk to Dave about holding your car at FGTF HQ if your car gets there before the 25th.

Hey Ed
It appears Reliable facility is only about 15 miles from the airport so probably could take a cab to their place and pickup. I'm sure Dave will chime in with the best and easiest way to make it work

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Reliable isn't that far and they have a very nice warehouse to keep cars. I would not have the car delivered early to the hotel because there won't be anyone there to receive it. Any early cars are again more than welcome to be dropped off at my place. Just let me know.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Well, apparently my car is already in the Reliable storage facility. Didn't even tell me it got there until I contacted the driver.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Mine just loaded with 3 Florida cars and this will be the last stop for pickups. Knowing Dave had enough going I decided to drop mine at Reliable after talking with Mike this AM asking him about the logistics. He told me they would then deliver the cars to the Henry when they could be accepted. He also said they were planning to load at the Henry or nearby after the Rally Friday and Saturday as needed.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Reliable warehouse is a popular local hangout. The kids always watch out for transporters rolling in and unloading. The drivers look forward to unwinding after days on the road. We should have a pre-rally meet there.

1992qg04meqrtjpg.jpg

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Gary, you are one bad lad.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gary your so Bad, that should ease everyone's mind! Love It.